"I just said parties weren't my scene with loads of drunk, horny teenagers surrounded by weed. I never said I didn't smoke, anyway enough with all the questions and shit. We're almost here so we'll talk soon." Mia clarified, she ended the call before I could say anything else.

I saw headlights coming towards me before a silver van stopped at the curb in front of me. The side door was pulled open and Mia stepped out with a grin.

"Come on, get in. It's cold as fuck out here, I'll introduce you to everyone." Mia urged gesturing for me to get in first.

There were two guys and a girl in the back, another guy with black hair and stubble sat in the drivers seat.

"Everyone this is Beth, Beth that's Trevor up front driving, that's Melanie but she prefers Mel. These two are Aaron and Seb." Mia introduced me and pulled the door of the van shut behind her.

Mel offered me a wave, Trevor murmured a quick hello before pulling away from the curb. Aaron smiled at me and Seb simply nodded his head at me. The floor of the van was covered with cushions and there were tiny fairy lights strung above Mel's head.

"The fairy lights were my idea despite them being 'too girly' according to Aaron." Mel stated with a roll of her eyes.

"They wouldn't even be half bad if they were a different color like red or something." Aaron defended with a shrug.

"Ooh that's a bit kinky." Mia joked with a wink causing Aaron's face to flame.

"Can we just get high already?" Seb grunted from beside Aaron.

"Don't mind Sebby here, he can get a little impatient when he hasn't gotten high for a few hours." Mel brushed off shooting a look at Seb.

A few hours? How often did they smoke?

"Beth enough of us talking, why don't you tell us about yourself?" Trevor suggested from the front.

"Oh well I guess so, I moved here from Washington just over a month ago, I have a little sister and I live with my grandma." I told them not really knowing what else to say.

"Where are your parents?" Aaron asked.

"They died in a car accident a few months ago."

"Way to go Aaron!" Mel hit his arm, but Aaron just raised his arms in defense.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I brushed off.

"Okay now sounds like a perfect time to get high, are we almost there Trev?" Mia questioned leaning over the seat.

"Yeah it's just around the corner." Trevor confirmed, a few seconds later we pulled into an empty lot.

"I know it's not much, but nobody bothers us here." Mia told me when she caught me looking out the window.

"I got beers too, you have the weed?" Aaron asked looking at Seb.

"Yeah just enough to give everyone a good buzz." Seb muttered while looking at me.

He had striking light blue eyes, it was nothing like I had seen before. His dark hair was messy and fell across his forehead nearly in his eyes. I averted my eyes away from him incase he thought I was being weird for staring. The two back doors of the van were pushed open letting the view of a few stars in the dark sky be seen.

Mel nudged my arm handing me the blunt to take a drag from, I took it between my fingers figuring nothing too bad could happen.

"It's just like a cigarette but way better." Mia reassured waiting for me to put the blunt between my lips.