~"What happened?"~

Kim's POV

I stood there in shock trying to comprehend what just happened.
I could feel my blood pressure rising as I approached this guy who did something to my daughter. I lunged at him, but I was pulled back by two muscly arms and I knew it was Kevin.

Just then, a breathless Adam and Vanessa ran up the stairs.

"We gotta go now, Eva is on the way to hospital, Hailey's with her in the ambulance" Rojas shouted from half the way up.

Those 17 words were all they needed to hear to grab their stuff and rush towards their cars.

Patrol officers turned their heads, as they wondered what in the hell was going on.

Platt shouted after Burgess,
"Keep me updated"

Brett's POV

"Breathing's laboured and uneven, Gabby how many minutes out are we?"
I shouted

"3 minutes out"

She replied and I sighed
"Pass me that oxygen mask, and that tubing" I asked Hailey pointing the items I needed.

Just as I was finishing putting a breathing tube in, Gabby shouted
"We're here!"

Hailey jumped out first and helped me and Gabby loft the stretcher out, an unconscious Eva on it.

We rolled her into the ER and began the hand over as Dr Manning and Dr Halstead ran over.

"Eva Burgess, 13, Hasn't gained consciousness since she passed out, breathing laboured and uneven, she has been intubated"
Gabby said as we moved her to the bed from the stretcher.

We were pushed out of the room,
just as Kim arrived. She ran towards me but I pushed her back and Adam wrapped his arms around her, holding her back.

"Kim, let it be. The doctors are treating her, she has the best care"

"How is she?" Kim asked, her voice quivering. It seemed everyone was on edge after that question.

"It's bad. She was unconscious the whole time, and she had to be intubated. I'm so sorry Kim"
Gabby replied.Kim looked like her whole world had just come shattering down.

Adam took her away and Hailey and Vanessa stood next to us in shock.

"What happened?" I asked
"We caught her running away from you guys, was she in trouble?"

"We brought a suspect in, she must of had an experience with that guy because she took off. Maybe a ptsd triggered panic attack?"
Vanessa suggested.

"A ptsd triggered panic attack wouldn't cause this much damage"
Gabby replied

We all shrugged and me and Gabby started heading to the Ambo, then to the Firehouse.

We were walking in when we heard Boden, Casey, and Severide.

"Where have you been?"
Boden asked angrily"We had an unexpected call."
Gabby said

"My office"
He replied.

Me, Gabby, Matt and Kelly.
All stood in Boden's office.

"So? What happened?" Kelly asked.

"We were driving back from dropping a victim of at Med when we saw a teenager being chased by Adam Ruzek, Vanessa Rojas, and a patrol officer. We assumed she was a suspect so we cornered her but she collapsed in Gabby's arms before we could say anything. We found out she was Kim Burgess's daughter. She went unconscious and we had to intubated. She hasn't gained consciousness and we and the doctors at Med are severely worried about her"
I replied.

Boden stood there in shock, trying to process what he just heard.

"You two are dismissed, sorry for shouting." He said.

DR MANNING'S POV

"Dr Manning, your test results"
Doris said as she handed me the Ipad.

"Wow, okay" I said looking at the results.

"What is it?" Will said, coming up from behind me. I jumped because he came out of nowhere.

"She has an infection in her lungs, when she ran she must have done too much physical activity for her little body to handle."
I replied.

"Let's go talk to Kim."
He suggested.

We walked to the waiting room and Vanessa was the first to notice us.

"How is she?"

"Kim, can we speak to you?"

Kim nodded and Natalie led her away.

"Did Eva get all of her childhood vaccines?"

"I don't know, she had her newborn ones but then she got adopted and I don't know if they gave her the vaccines she needed,
Why?""She has meningitis, something she shouldn't be able to get because she would of been vaccinated against it, she will be fine but her lungs need a rest. We're going to keep her in for observation but she should be fine eventually."

Natalie walked to the waiting room where she told the others Eva would be fine and that they could leave.

Kim sighed in relief as she made her way to the room Eva was in. She was still connected the machines but she was alive.

She sat down in the hospital chair but all of a sudden she felt a hand placed on hers. She looked up.

Adam.

~~~
Again this chapter is written by One_Chicago_Fan_16_. Next one will be written by me♡