~Joy and tragedy~

I stared at the confused look on this ladies face. I stared at my mom who gave me a nod, and I reached out hand for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Eva Burgess" I said as she shook my hand. She almost choked on her coffee. She looked me up and down and then at Kim and Hailey who nodded in unison.

"We are going to talk about this later, Kim. I'll buzz you upstairs" She said, her look changing from surprise to a sort of admiration, probably for how my mom hid so well.

We were early, so when we walked into the Intelligence Unit, only one other person and the Sergeant was there. He came out of his office and approached us.

"You must be Eva, nice to meet you. I'm Hank Voight" He held out his hand and I shook it straight away. He was slightly scary, but I figured he had to be, to gain respect and authority from those underneath him. I had become good at reading people, and I knew deep down, he was probably a really nice person.Another older looking man came over and hugged me, I gratefully excepted the hug and hugged him back.

"Alvin Olinksy, nice to meet you kid" He smiles, I took on his features. He looked like has the Grandpa of the group, like he made everyone feel safe.

After being introduced to those two, I was led into a break room where my mom poured three cups of Coffee. One for me, Hailey, and herself.

"Have you told the others yet?" I asked.

"No, me and your mom don't know how" Hailey replied.

"I think we'll just tell people when they ask. Scratch that, we'll tell them when they come in" She said panicked, as she saw some of them start to ascend up the stairs.

"Okay, whenever you're ready!" I replied. Hailey and Mom we're obviously confused about how I was so calm about all this, I was still settling into the fact that I finally had a full family.

"We'll be back, stay here" Hailey said as she stared at my mom with concerned eyes. So Hailey and mom left the room.

KIM'S POV

Me and Hailey walked out of the break room and when Jay was heading to the break room, he noticed Eva sitting there.

"Who's that?" He asked. This was the part I had been dreading. I avoided all eye contact with Adam, who would want to date someone who already had a kid.

"Listen up everyone, that kid in the break room." They all stopped to look at me. "She's my daughter"

As soon as those words left my mouth, the whole unit stared at me on shock. Adam and Kevin walked away, obviously mad I didn't tell them, and Jay just took in the information and carried on, whilst Rojas came walking over to me.

"It's ok, their not mad, their just confused" She said as she noticed me staring at Kevin and Adam. "Did she come from a..."Everyone else went to suit up, as we prepared to go to the last known location of this guy, but I stayed behind and went to talk to Eva.

"Hey sweetie, I have to go help the team at a location, but I'll be back soon. Stay here, and read these. Your new school sent them over" I said as I handed her a Spanish book and a English workbook.

"Thank you! Stay safe, I love you mom" Eva replied.

"I love you too"{still Kim's pov}

An hour later, we were dragging the guy upstairs and into the Bullpen. Just as we brought him up the stairs, Eva came out of the break room. She took one look at him and he looked at her and smirked.

"We meet again sweetheart" He said to her.

She dropped her textbook on the ground, and a large thump could be heard. Her eyes widened in terror and she was mumbling to herself before running off down the stairs and out of the district.

__<<<>>>__<<<>>>__

EVA'S POV

It was him.

He said something but I seemed to have gone deaf, I was paralysed on the spot. I suddenly gained feeling again and ran as fast as my legs could take me. I ran down the stairs of intelligence, and out of the district, ignoring all the patrolmen looking at me. I ran and ran until an ambulance caught up with me.

GABBY'S POV

"Brett, do you see that girl running. That patrol officer is chasing her, maybe we should get her. She could be a suspect" I said as I parked the Ambo and me and Brett chased after the girl. I caught up to her and wrapped my arms around her, bringing her to the ground.

"Who are you? I'm Gabby Dawson, what's going on?" I asked the girl, who was visibly shaken.

"Eva... Eva Burgess" Was all she could muster out before she fainted to the ground.

"Brett! Medical Bag and Stretcher now!" I shouted to her as she ran over and handed it to me. She helped me lift Eva onto the stretcher and then onto the board. I grabbed the neck brace and wrapped around her neck.Then I picked up the oxygen mask and placed it on her face."I never knew Burgess had a daughter" Brett commented.

"Neither did I" I replied as we lifted her into the back of the Ambo.

It was at this point the people running after her caught up with us. Adam Ruzek, Vanessa Rojas and Hailey Upton.

"We got her, you riding with us?" I asked looking at Hailey. She nodded and jumped into the back of the ambulance.

We shut the door on Adam and Vanessa and sped off to the hospital.

~~~
Part 8 already!
Gosh we're going fast🙈
This one was written by One_Chicago_Fan_16_.
Next one will be written by me♡