Part 1

Part 1

"Are you okay?" Damon asks me.

I blinked and folded the slip of paper in half with my French manicured hands. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why?"

"You just looked like you were, well, shocked," he shrugged, fixing his black jacket. "What happened?"

Nothing happened. I just opened a fortune cookie on a date with my boyfriend, Damon, that read:

"YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER. LEAVE THE CITY IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT TELL ANYONE. REPEAT: DON’T TELL ANYONE"

I looked around the dimly lit restaurant. There were waiters serving the other couples and families from across the room. Nothing looked suspicious. Yet.

"Nothing's wrong. I- just got a... Fortune," I say, forcing a smile on my face. I quickly put the paper in my jacket pocket.

"Why? What's on it?" He asks. I just shook my head. "Secret? Fine. I won't tell you mine either," he smirks and folds his arms across his chest.

I don't respond. I wasn't really paying attention. Was this a prank? Probably. Was it actually a warning? Probably not. This was not some mystery movie. Even if I was in danger, my death would probably be my own fault. I probably would have fell down the stairs, or tripped while crossing the street! Then I'd fall down the sewers to suddenly meet four human-like turtles who take me into a portal to meet with the Queen of Wonderland. She'd have me sentenced to death.

Okay, so I got carried away. It probably is a prank. Damon pays the bill and puts his arms on my gold and white dress. I brushed the thought aside as I climbed into his car. I could still feel the paper burning a hole in my pocket as I close my front door to my house.

•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•*¨¯'*•.¸¸.•¨¯'*•.¸¸.•¨¯*•

“Stop! Vanessa, go on the stage and show your class what the song should sound like.”

I snapped up from my book to my teacher. I put the book down and walked onstage. I flipped my dark brown hair over my shoulder, and started to play my part for the concert tonight. I looked out at Damon sitting in the audience. I couldn’t help but smile. He was always so supportive of me.

We’ve only been dating for a few months now, but as days pass, he’s been an amazing boyfriend. He has given me flowers on our month anniversaries, left sweet notes in my locker, and taken me on a few dates. He comes to all the events I have a part in, including this rehearsal.

I almost got to the end, when I felt the floor collapsed under me.

'*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*')¸.•*'♥«'¨'•°...°•'¨'»♥.¸.•*(¸.•*'♥'*•.¸)'*

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been updating. I've been so busy with school that I haven't had any time to write something up UNTIL NOW. This was due earlier this week actually. I'm separating the story in parts.

I am planning on updating once a week until the end. Yes, this is supposed to be a short story, so it will be over fast. :(

Thank you for the patience guys! Love you all <3

~Liela