18☁️

sora sighed as she looked at the digital clock on her nightstand that read 3:17 am in neon green

sora sighed as she looked at the digital clock on her nightstand that read 3:17 am in neon green. she was going to have to figure out a way to not have nightmares like this regularly. it was getting annoying.

the girl did the same as she would every night. she got out of her bed, put on her slippers and walked out of her room and into the small area in the living room that had a seat on the windowsill so she could see out to the sky.

as she sat there she thought about life, things that happened in the past and what would happen in the future. it was kind of a routine for the girl.

it's sora? why is she up?

the sound of someone's thoughts were enough to spook the girl, whipping her head around to catch eyes with no one but jaemin. she sighed in relief and gave a straight face to the older.

"nightmares again. why are you up?" sora answered his thoughts. jaemin gave a confused look for a split second and then realized what was going on. he really had to remember she too was a mind reader.

"just got thirsty. i've been studying for exams." jaemin shrugged, grabbing a glass of water and filling it. his eyes didn't leave the girl who sat on the windowsill. "oh." she nodded along only for an awkward silence to fill the air.

jaemin looked guilty at the girl, but all he could do was envy her. how did she do easily become loved? i wonder how that feels. hearing that made sora frown. what did jaemin mean by that? he had two very loving people with him. so why was he...

"jaemin are yuta and taeyong your older brothers? or like um, are you all related? i've seen pictures of you three with another man but i've never seen any parents?" sora asked as politely and quiet as she could. she was worried she was saying the wrong things.

jaemin sighed, sitting next to the girl on the little seat. "yuta isn't related to us but he's been friends with taeyong for like the longest time- since i can remember. i'm also adopted so technically i'm not related to taeyong by blood either." those words confused sora.

she wasn't able to learn a lot about the real world so she sill didn't undertake most things, jaemin being adopted included. "a-adopted?" she asked, the word hard and foreign to her.

"taeyongs parents basically took me in as their own child. they live in the states now though so we don't see them much." the older explained. "my parents left me at home for the first few years of my life and at some point they just gave me away. they didn't really care about me but it's fine, i didn't like them any ways."

sora gave the boy a look of sympathy. no person should be neglected by their parents- a child especially. "what about you? what was your childhood like? how did you end up at the circus?" jaemin changed the subject, obviously not wanting to continue the previous one.

"i've never really gotten to experience a childhood. there were not a lot of children my age that worked at the circus and the children that would come along for it were scared of me." she began with a sad face. "i lived with my mother and father but when i was about 5 my father died of an illness."

jaemin gave a sympathetic look, knowing how it felt to have a family member pass of illness. "my mother raised me for a few years until it became too much and she sold me to these men, the circus leaders, at the age of 8."

"i loved my father. he was the only person i had ever felt completely comfortable with." sora reminisced, holding the small necklace around her neck. "did he have powers too?" she bummed along to jaemins quiet question, a smile finding its way to her lips.

"his powers were rare and i don't really know exactly what they were. but sometimes he'd make little projections of stars appear above my bed or create a little lightning storm in his hands."  jaemin let out a small chuckle, a reminiscing smile on his lips.

"what?" sora cocked an eyebrow looking at the older. "nothing, just donghyuck used to be so infatuated with lighting and thunder. when we would play games while the power was out because of a lightning storm he'd be the one to sit near the window and watch it in awe." jaemin explained, his lips now forming a big smile remembering the old times.

"he would've loved my father then. sometimes he would make it rain and lightning to make me feel better after mother would yell at me. we would make forts next to the window and he would read me story's as the calming noise of the storm was in the background." the boy could practically feel the love and affection she had for her father.

so um i made a playlist that y'all should listen to as you read this series.

there are going to be multiple books so some of them might not fit this exact book but i already know what's going on (wow sienna planned a plot for once in her life) and i've hinted at a few things teehee but anyways here it is

honestly this is probably like my favorite playlist out of the full 11 i have 😔✋ and it also shows a lot about my music taste