Chapter 10

Re-watched the above video and cried again😂😭
*****
PING! PING! PING! PING! PI-

"Dec, I'm just gonna mute mine." Ant muttered, opening his phone, muting it in the process. Likes and comments were rolling in and it wasn't helping him think. He was grateful for the love and support from the public, but there was the occasional mean comment.

"Cheer up man! They're just excited," Dec chuckled, "fans are going mad."

"Yeah...yeah," it was a way to comfort himself, he would get through this, everything would work out...hopefully.

The sounds of cameras brought him back to the present day, of course he'd dealt with paparazzi on his year off, but this time they weren't even trying to hide. Through the car window, he could see a mass of people waiting. Underneath their sounds were a ton of screams, Dec had told him that 'fans would be there.' Ant just found that hard to believe.

*****

"Ant, we're on in a minute," Dec said, an excited smile on his face,"I'll go on stage and then announce your entry," His eyes were certainly twinkling, he didn't look scared at all.

"Umm...yeah," Ant took a deep breathe, trying to calm his nerves.

"Mate, you'll be fine." Dec placed his hand on Ant's shoulder, "I bet half of them are just waiting for you." He tilted his head. "Why youse scared?"

"Pfftttt, I'm not scared," he laughed back.

...

"Maybe a little."

"Trust me, when you get on that stage, you'll be fine." He grinned, "I've missed ya."

Before Ant could reply, Dec winked at him and ran off onto the stage. He was waving to members in the audience, microphone in hand with the BGT theme tune in the background.

Ant was frozen in place, confused. He was supposed to come back to so many people, not all that wanted to see him. He'd signed a contract though, so it wasn't exactly an option. There was also the possibility that he'd get booed. The thoughts contaminated his mind, his heart started  to race, thumping louder than drums. If nobody wanted to see him, it would be one of the worst feelings in the world.

"We've got a bunch of acts backstage that are eager to get out here and perform for u."

"WHERE'S ANT?"

Someone shouting his name got his attention. Peaking out to see the audience, he noticed a lot of phones high  in the air. Were they there to record him and Dec? Were they haters?

"We've got, urggh- the judges are back,"

Ant knew perfectly well where Dec was going with his 'speech'.

"The golden buzzer is back,"

He gulped, wiping his hands on his shirt.

"And somebody else is back."

The yells and shrieks from the crowd surprised Ant, his heart leapt even higher as the screams got louder and louder. They sounded...supportive? He couldn't really tell, but it exhilarated him. A rush of adrenaline crept through his bones, something he hadn't experienced since the last time he'd been on telly. 

"Would you please welcome-"

He'd done it for 30 years now, and the thrill of it never left. It always felt new and different. It always left him wanting more, and Ant knew that he owed it to some people out there. The people that stuck with him through thick and thin. It couldn't even be called 'work' because it was just having fun with his best mate with people watching it on TV.
This was what he loved doing.

"My co-host for this series,"

Fuck the haters.

"MR ANT McPARTLIN!"

With a newfound surge of confidence, Ant ran sideways onto the stage. He was shocked to say the least when people stood up just because he was there. The screams didn't stop. It was overwhelming but also exciting. There were people out there that still wanted to see him on TV. It meant so much more to him than he could say, he felt like curling into a ball and sobbing. That wouldn't be a pretty sight, so he casually waved to the audience. A special feeling inside him returned, making him feel light and floaty and welcome but also...

at home.

That might've been because he was back doing his job with a person who currently had a very proud expression on his face.

Ant pulled Dec over for a hug, patting his back. He tried to convey everything in those few seconds. He tried to say 'thank you' and 'I'm happy' and 'I've missed this feeling' and 'I love you.' And for some reason, he felt like Dec understood.

They both turned their heads slightly to look at each other, their eyes saying everything they couldn't.

'See? Everything's turned out OK.'

'Thank you'

With everything falling back into place; with the little things going well and with his life looking up...Ant grinned.

~~~~

I've LOVED writing this fic and there's only one chapter left!😁The last chapter will be up as soon as possible, if anyone could check out my 2 new-ish fics,(one-shotz and Beautiful Lies) then I'll be very happyyy🌍💕

-Caramel Penguin

xoxo