The Other Side

So as I was writing this, it sort of took on a mind of it's own as it is my longest one shot by far. Maybe I will turn this into an actual series, as their were several plot points and things I didn't use. But with that out of the way, here it is, everyone. It was a landslide victory for Amity visiting the human world. This was a request from Gaypuppy on Archive of our own. I hope you enjoy it. Until then, take care and I will see you next time.

New edit: So I've had to change every use of Lulu to Luz or a different pet name, since the fandom has had to come up with a different headcanon pet name amity can use for Luz. However, two uses of Lulu in this story contain some of favorite pieces I've ever written along with the comments; so for those reasons, they stay.

"What do you mean Luz is leaving for the day?" Amity asked shocked.

"Apparently, it's a part of deal Luz made with her mom. Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't tell you." Said Eda.

Amity slumped her shoulders. She went to the house hoping to take Luz out for their anniversary. Luz could have at least told she was leaving. Part of her was angry at Luz for not telling her, while the other part was just sad. Luz was lucky enough to convince her mom to let her stay, so she couldn't be that mad. She also still couldn't to summon a scroll to message her. Still, Amity couldn't help feel the slightest sting of betrayal from her girlfriend.

Eda noticed the young witch's internal problem and rolled her eyes. Honestly, young people are so easy to read. "You know, you can talk to her if you want."

"Really?" Amity perked up at that comment.

"Sure. Luz's room is the second door on the right upstairs." Eda said.

Amity thanked the old witch and stepped inside the house. Even though she had been here plenty of times, she still felt a little uncomfortable. Maybe because it was home to an outlaw or because it was in the middle of the woods. She walked through the living room looking at all the different items scattered around the room. Making her way up the stairs, Amity's mind kept racing as she thought of all the reasons why luz did not tell her. Standing in the doorway, her heart raced even faster as she stared at her girlfriend.

"So you really are leaving." Amity said.

Luz turned around and saw her girlfriend standing in her doorway. She thought it was sweet that her girlfriend wanted to see her off, but she wondered why she was sadder than usual. "Yeah. In order for me to stay here, I promised my mom that I would spend at least one day a month with her. I told you this remember?"

"But why didn't you tell me you were leaving today?" Asked Amity.

Luz looked at her confused. "But I did. I told you last week that I was leaving, and I told you yesterday as well. We celebrated our anniversary yesterday because I was leaving remember?"

The realization hit Amity like a compacted ice ball as she remembered Luz was right. How could she forget something like that? The two just stood their awkwardly unsure of what to do or say next. Suddenly, an idea came to Luz as she snapped her fingers.

"Why don't you come with me this time?"

Amity just stared at her girlfriend as she tried to process what Luz said. Did she just suggest what she think she heard? "Really?"

"Yeah, my mom has been wanting to meet you anyway. She keeps asking when she'll meet her daughter's girlfriend. Go ask your parents and I'll finish packing." Luz said.

Amity smiled and went into the hall to ask her parents the impossible. A moment later, she came in squealing before jumping into Luz's arms kissing her. "They said yes!!!!!!"