afterword

it's done.

i know, i know, i'm such a horrible person for writing that ending. please don't kill me rip.

how long have i planned this ending for? ever since i started writing the story. what can i say; i 'm a sucker for bittersweet/emotional/sad endings.

if you know me, i don't like concluding with a fake happy scene—literally not my style haha, but i really do hope this book hit you in the gut (in a good way, of course).

thank you all so much for reading Oceans Apart. without all of you, i wouldn't be where i am now, and i'm so grateful for every single person out there. i was so close to scrapping this idea until i saw how many people enjoyed it :')

tying up some loose ends if you're confused: shown through the twelve emails + interlude, alexis's mental health declines severely as she reflects on what happened between her and Yulissa. yes, eventually she does take her own life due to guilt and hopelessness. Yulissa wakes up months later (emails were sent in october, she gets out of her coma the following march) and comes to realize the events that transpired.

how cruel life was in this story to both Alexis and Yulissa.

i hope you all enjoyed, and feel free to leave any questions and comments about what you thought. stay happy, healthy, and safe!

—sky, 9/10/2020