Part 1 The finale: The damned and the cursed

"You don't even know me well enough to even consider that." I stammer. I'm stunned, but not because of his confession; it's common for me to have them. For the first time, I actually feel something towards one? How odd... Maybe it's because he's like me. He's different, he understands me. I guess it would be nice to have at least one person understand me.

He sighed. "Maybe all I'm aware of is how strong my feelings are toward you." I gaze up at his eyes. He said my actual name, only my mother calls me Natalia. He must've overheard her, my mother... Mother, she warned me to not be a nuisance to not cause trouble. If she found out I disobeyed her and father goes berserk, would she protect me? How cruel... I finally found something more interesting and now I have to get rid of it.

He slides his hand on my cheek and His thumb slides down on the bottom of my cheek as his palm presses gently down on it.

Causing my head to tilt at his disposal, I wait for his lips to land on mine; just this once I want to indulge in my feelings. His lips crash into mine; he kisses me slowly and aggressively. My mind drifted off with the kiss, steering me away from my better judgment.

Suddenly my magic was unleashed without my knowing. Only this time, it didn't harm him? It did nothing? It just disappeared! The magic pulse is dangerously slow, I could barely sense my magic! It's like I'm being drained by something! My body feels heavy and weak... I gather my power, and nothing! I try once again. I feel even more exhausted. Something is blocking me from accessing my magic? I lift my heavy legs, swing them at his crotch. He releases me in pain, I back away from him trying to catch my breath. I catch myself stumble. Ethan grips on to his knees and hangs his head down. What the hell is he?

"Forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries, Natalia." His voice is different now, it has a cold edge to it. "It's just... I couldn't help it. You know how difficult it was for me not kill you all this time? I mage like you is quite rare."

I stand back and try to recover myself, I held my head. "What do you mean by a mage like me?"

He laughs softly. "A mage that's unaware of a demon's capability." His eyes glow again, his head cocks to the right. Heh, she knew! She knew I would defy her! She knew what he was! They realized what I mistake I was. So, they wanted to get rid of me, didn't they?

"What are you?" It's the first time I heard my voice drenched in fear.

"My species are referred to as demons, we hunt your kind and drain your energy." He grinned.

"Is there more of you?"

"You already met them, they wanted to kill you when they first saw you. Especially Kyra." He gritted. "I didn't let them. I couldn't let you slip away that easily after all my efforts! Though I have to admit it was... entertaining. To pretend to be a naïve fool just so you can underestimate me, all so it can lead to this moment." If I unleash magic, he'll just drain me. I can't fight him... Maybe I can make a scene and call the knights over.
"Your magic however... is not as powerful as I sensed. It be a waste to kill you right now. Don't worry Natalia, the next time I attempt to kill you, I won't hesitate. You won't be able to fight it, and I will-" He steps closer to me I flinch back. "Drain every bit of magic from you." His eyes glint brighter.

I watch him, making sure he doesn't come back. Not only did he make a fool out of me he used my emotions. He knew I had feelings for him and used that from the beginning. Or he at least knew I would. Maybe he observed me for a while, to see what kind of guys intrigue me. Maybe that's what he did to get me to like him. If he was playing me all along, it means I fell for an illusion. He doesn't understand me, he pitied me... I ACTUALLY LIKED HIM THE SON OF A BITCH!

AND HE TRIED TO KILL ME! I should be cursing his name, or finding ways to kill him. But for some reason I can't manage to think of ways of killing him? I don't want to kill him... but I have to or he'll kill me. That's the rational decision, but I'm too weak to do it. If he comes after me again, I may not be able to fight him off, he'll manage to kill me. He's made me care for him, I can't care for him!