Part 5 Endeavor:

Trigger warning: sexual harassment scene but doesn't continue and non explicit

We walked down the streets, pushing through the clusters of humans and ignoring merchants' calls. Xavier led me to a tall building; we entered the building. A strong smell burned my nostrils, he told me he'll seat himself somewhere else and left to do just that. I sighed, at least he's not lecturing me, but he still insists on watching me. A barmaid approached.

"Can I get you anything?" She smiled at me. The nobles would've fainted at what she was wearing! Her legs were bare and her chest stook out!

"Uh..." Indecent was understatement. My night gown covers more.

"Hey, honey! Why don't you come over here and fill my friend's cup!" He roared in laughter. His face was pink, and he looked to be sweating?

"Of course." She said sweetly? She sauntered toward him, reaching over the man. Her chest was nearly out of her dress! Once she was done pouring the drink. He grabbed her from her waist and sat her on his lap! She giggled, he grabbed her behind harshly and shamelessly! What... is... this place? The trinket was thrown on the table. The scrape pulled me away from distractions. I peered up at the guild initiator. This time, I was able to take a closer look at him. Despite the few wrinkles around his small, oval eyes, he held an aura of authority. His oval eyes held me pensively. His dirty blonde hair was short, and He had a scruffy beard covering his chin and angular cheeks. One look from him made your blood run cold and question your existence. I felt it as soon as he sat down. And I hated him for it. I held the urge to gulp and looked him in the eyes.

"One of my men told me about a contender. Even said he paid the toll for it." Oh... I forgot about that... I couldn't help but gulp quietly.

"If you have given me more time, I would've-"

"What's done is done." I adjusted myself. I need to seem calm, not anxious. "I watched you closely at the trial. You were impulsive, yet strategic, fearful but brave." He held my gaze. Am I supposed to say something to that?

"But you lack in many things."

"That I could easily make up for." His icy stare caught mine again.

"I hope so." He took a sip from his wooden mug. "I have to say." He sat back making himself comfortable. I noticed I was sitting up and at the edge of my seat again. "You are the youngest rookie I've ever recruited." Is that a good thing?

"Is that a problem?" He held my gaze again, making my pulse spike. He smirked at me.

"No, but let me make something clear." His glare turned dark. He leaned over the table. "This isn't a game, kid. Nobody walks out of a guild, especially this one. The only way out is in a coffin."

"So when do I start?" I smirked, crossing my arms, and looking back at him. He sat back and smirked at me again.

"Follow me." He stood up from his chair, revealing his tall height. I had to crane my neck to look up at him. I pulled up my hood and followed him out the tavern. "Are you on the run?" My heart stopped.

"No, I-" I spotted Xavier from a distance.

"I'm only asking because you keep your face covered. Whatever it is, just don't let it interfere." I nod submissively.

"I have a companion." I had this planned better in my head. "Is that alright?"

"Is it... loyal to you?" He squints.

"Yes." He shrugs.

"Fine, just make sure it behaves." Well, he's in now. There it's all fair now, I got him in as well. Maybe he will be less angry with me. I didn't mean to upset him. I didn't think he would be bothered by what I do. I spot Xavier, from a far distance in his wolf form. Perfect! I called out his name. He tilted his head at me to say, "What are you doing!" The guild initiator eyed me suspiciously. He probably sees me as insane. I called him out again. A large black wolf stepped out of the shadows.