Meeting by Chance

A few days have passed since Twilight's encounter with the twins and the Sandman. She found herself coming over to the Mystery Shack more and more often to talk to them about the creatures in Dipper's book and/or just hang out. She had also gotten to know the other people that either live there or work at the attraction, being Wendy, Soos, and their Great Uncle Stan.

Right now, she was just exploring the forest to see if she can get a glimpse of any of the creatures in Dipper's book. It was a rather busy day at the Mystery Shack, too many witnesses to prevent her from looking for IT. So she might as well use this time to get to know the surroundings of the place to use to her advantage.

She had jumped off a log, making an oof sound when she landed.

"Kinda weird not floating down to land... But I can't risk people seeing me if I do. You never know who could be out here." Twilight said to herself.

She ventured deeper in the forest, where the trees were blocking out the sunlight from the sky. It provided shade from the hot summer waves, which the girl with pink hair was grateful for. It's already noon when she started at ten and there was no sign of magical creatures around...

Twilight decided to take a break and sat down against a tree, feeling her eyelids growing heavy as drowsiness was taking over. She was just about to fall asleep when she saw something black fly by. she shot awake, alert and looking around at her surroundings.

"Hello?" She called out. "Who's there?!"

There was no reply, only the sound of the wind making the leaves rustle. Then out of nowhere, a black mass engulfed her altogether! she landed on the ground, finding that her headband was gone from her head. She looked behind her to see the mass flying deeper in the forest.

"Hey! Get back here!" She called out in anger, getting up and running after it.

She jumped and ran around obstacles that were in her way, determined to get her headband back. She was so caught up in her chase that she noticed a little too late of an old adult running into her.

They both tumbled to the ground roughly, groaning as they sat up from where the two fell. Twilight looked up at the adult who crashed into her, only to have her breath get caught in her throat.

In front of her was a man who looks to be in his sixties, his hair dark grey with a horizontal silver streak along the sides of it and he possesses unusually long sideburns. His chin has a cleft and slight five o'clock shadow. And upon looking at his hands, she could see he had an extra finger on both of them.

He was wearing a tan coat, a red turtleneck with a black belt that slings across his chest, black pants, and large brown boots coated in dirt. He has a gold dot on either side of his glasses and a crack on the left lens.

He looked a lot like the Stan guy she met during one of her visits to the Mystery Shack, except this guy looks more narrow than muscular. Her father warned her about a guy who was out to ruin their plans... a guy with a sixth finger on each hand.

If Twilight isn't careful, he could destroy her without a second thought. Getting up on her feet, she helped him back up so they were both standing.

"Thank you. I was so distracted by what I was chasing that I didn't see you. Speaking of, what're you doing out here on your own?" He asked.

"Something stole my headband and I was chasing it to get it back."

"Did it appear to be a floating black mass that went deeper in the forest?"

"... Yes? From what I saw?" Twilight replied hesitantly.

"That's exactly the same thing I'm chasing as well. But this could be dangerous for a child like you, so you should go home. I'll make sure to get your headband back in the process."