67. The Sound of our Love

Start from the beginning

Jae pulled Anne impossibly closer to his side, so she practically sat in his lap. Anne very much wanted to crawl into it but thought better of it given the company. Jae smiled as he kissed her head.

      "A girl," he muttered. "A beautiful, radiant flower." He couldn't stop smiling.

A comfortable quiet fell over the room as everyone imagined the possibilities. The couples sat around the room; each person paired subtly into their partner as the light conversation continued.

The night grew long, and Al and Rhia retired to one of the guest rooms. Anne had fallen asleep on Jae's shoulder, and after a peck on the forehead, Jae scooped her up into his arms and began to head toward the guest house.

      "Where do you think you are going?" The voice was low and commanded attention.

      "I'm taking Anne back to the guest house, Dad. There are extra things there for me to use, right, Mom?"

Lilly smiled and nodded, but Han began to interject.

      "I don't know that it's appropriate-"

     "Oh hush, Han. Let them be in love. You remember what that was like." Lilly turned and straightened Han's tie as she lovingly looked up at him.

      "Oh, darling. I still know what that's like." He didn't take his eyes off his beautiful wife, shooing his son away silently with a flick of his hand.

Jae noticed the complete reverence they had for each other. Pure love reflected in their eye, and Jae smirked, thinking about the way the world perceived their marriage and the truth of it. One day, he would want to hear more about why they let people believe a lie when the actuality was so beautiful. Even Jae didn't know, and he was their son!

Then Jae looked down at the gently sleeping Anne curled up in his arms. He wanted to shout his relationship with her from the rooftops! He wanted the world to know this beautiful woman was his. He needed them to belong to each other for eternity. Doubts began to plague his mind momentarily, however, about his desires.

Is that what Anne wanted?

Should he wait till tomorrow, the full moon, to claim her?

Should they talk about it again?

Should they try and set up a ceremony?

The answer to all the questions was a resounding "yes," logically.

Jae leaned down and kissed the top of Anne's head as he walked with her. The light evening breeze blew and wafted a beautiful floral scent past his nose. Jae's teeth began to elongate, and his pants began to tighten. The answer to all his brainy questions was quickly becoming a "hell, no!"

Light music piped into the guest house through the connected speakers to the main house, setting a quiet, comfortable atmosphere as the couple entered.

Anne began to stir, and she tilted her head to look at Jae.

She traced a heart over where her mark sat under his shirt, sending tingles down Jae's spine.

      "I'm going to go get washed up." Her tone was low and husky.

Jae simply nodded, unable to speak.

Anne hopped down from his arms and made her way toward the bedroom and adjoining bathroom.

Jae watched with lust-filled eyes as his beautiful Blue swaggered through the house. First, she pulled out her messy bun and gently shook her hair out, letting her white blood hair sway with her hips as she moved. Jae paused as she rounded the corner down the hallway. He knew he shouldn't follow, but his rational mind wasn't the one thinking anymore.