Chapter 4

I had to fix some stuff in the past two chapters. To make it all line up towards the far ending.
But anyways, Hello! 🌸🍓

————————————————————

You asked Leon to spend the day in the library, so you could work Susie's shift. Leon just quietly agreed, and you led him to the library.

"You ready?", you ask cheekily. Leon looks up at you, and nodded. Pushing the big double doors, which followed a loud squeak of the hinges, to show a vast room filled with shelves and books! Leon's eyes lit up, as his pace quicken a bit. You chuckle towards yourself as you witness his little excitement. "Do you like it?", you ask as you sit at a table. Leon stood by a shelf, he nodded his head towards your question, whilst him reaching for a book.

You watched him browse the dusty shelves, and lost track of time.

Leon had picked out multiple books to read for while you needed to start on you and absent Susie's shift. You then looked at your watch, and decided to leave while Leon's distracted.

As you tip toed towards the door, placing a hand on the knob, you are startled by a tug of your dress. You turn around to see Leon holding a book close to his chest, he look a little uneasy.

The look he had on his face caused you to realize something, the way you're leaving is the way his parents left him.

"Ah, Leon! I- I'm just going to get back to helping all of the others, and finish my work.", you squat to his level, and brought your palm to his head, rubbing it gently. "You can say in here and read all you want."

Leon looked down, and had a worried expression on his face. You waited for a response, like a nod, or something usual but...

"Will you come back?", you heard he small voice ask.

You were taken aback! He spoke, again!

"Yes of course I'll come back! Why wouldn't I?", you ask.

Leon's grip on the book loosens, and his expression relaxed. He spook his head and gave you a light smile. "I'll be waiting." You chuckled, "Alright. I'll check up on you around lunch. I'll bring you something to eat.",

He nodded, then ran off back further into the library as you stood, and headed out the library.

•••

Completing tasks, and caring for the other children, the day was passing by. Watching some kids run off to play, you sigh and look at your watch. 'Ah I must swing by the library for Leon!'

Walking to the library you then realized it lunch. Then decide to firstly swing by the kitchen and ask the cook for something to eat for both you and Leon.

•••

Leon looked up from the book he was reading, and to the clock the hung above the doors of the library. It was half past 12 o'clock.

'She'll come. She said she would.', he reassured and pay his attention back to his book.

•••

Finally able to get into the kitchen, and pass the other staff, you look for Abel.

She could be heard in the freezer. You hastily make your way past the ovens, and to the freezer room.

"Hey Ms. Abel!", you call out. "Huh? (Y/n)? Is that you?", she asks. "Ah yes.", you answer. "What bring you hear, little missy?", she asks.