Chapter 6

This chapter was so good before I accidentally deleted it. Hope you enjoy.

You had just gotten done with your work for the day and you were ready to go home.

"But the doctor said I'm supposed to grow. Why haven't I gotten any taller?", a boy named Timothy wined. "The doctor IS right you will grow.", you reassured. "Then why am I still-", you interrupted his whines. "Growth takes time Timothy, dear. Now just be patient. Sooner or later your efforts will cash into a great reward. Okay?", you patted the boy on his back. Poor Timothy who still couldn't quite grasp the concept of being patient, just nodded in agreement. "Yes ma'am."

"Alright. Now I think Miss. Nancy has your bath ready along with the other boys. Run along now."

You watch the boy leave, and walk down the hall.

You reach into your apron pocket and pull out your watch. Checking the time, it was almost the end of your shift.

Thinking you needed to pick up Leon, you hear someone commotion. "Y/n!"

"Y/n!", you turn down the hall and see Sarah. "(Y/n).", Sarah collapsed in your arms, breathing heavily.

"Sarah?! Are you alright? You're all sweaty.", you say trying to look at her face.

"The Headmistress wants to see you. It's urgent.", she stated. "Alright, I'll head there. You rest now. Okay?"

She nodded.

...

When you walked up to her door, you could hear her from outside.

"Yes sir.....Yes...Alright, sir...Thank you. Good day."

The sound of a loud ringing click was your signal to come knocking.

"Come in. Come in."

You timidly walk up to her desk and sit down.

"You called?", you ask. "Yes. I just got another call from an assistant at Loughborough. She stated that-", you interrupted.

"Wait, Loughborough? THE Loughborough?!", you asked shocked.

"Yes, child. The Noble Loughborough. Now don't interrupt me.", your grandmother stated.

You nodded and cupped your hands together.

"His assistant called and stated Mr. Loughborough will be here for business tomorrow."

"Business? Do you mean adoption? One of ours?", you asked.

"Yes, one of ours.", she stated. "So I need you to prepare the children for tomorrow. His assistant nor he ever gave me a preference or ideal, so we will have all children prepared for his decision.", she stated coldly.

This didn't sit right with you, not one bit. You would be downright giving these poor children false hope on being adopted only for some rich asshole to just waltz up in here and choose one kid?

He's rich! He might as well as adopt them all! Though sadly, you knew how the world worked. You couldn't refuse, it was your job. So reluctantly you agree with a "Yes Ma'am."

Then a concern hit you, 'Wait all the children?' You decided to bright a question to your grandmother.

"So all the children? There's too many for just me to-"

Interrupted, "Which is why all the girls on your shift will help too. I know it's too late now for you to begin, which why the next shift will come in and do half of the children tonight. Then tomorrow morning, you will finish the rest."