Chapter 10

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Spending the rest of the day preparing for your grandmother's burial. One of the nursing home assistants helped you collect your grandmother's things. You had finished signing the papers related to her will, ownership deeds, and getting her death certificate.

Taking the elevator down to the first floor, all kinds of emotions hit once the doors closed. You were to head home by evening carriage and settle in for the night.

Your thoughts wander on the way home.

Not only have you just lost someone dear to you, you felt a great sense of loneliness and fear. Though you know that you are not truly alone just yet. You felt complete disbelief as well, but the facts were neatly placed in a box that you held at your side. You had no one to console you. Most definitely you have little to no intentions of meeting the man that abandoned you.

Just yet.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Your father being someone so important in this country scared you. Your grandmother telling you this hidden truth kept you tossing and turning that night.

You had a choice in this though. You're a grown woman, though, he had custody of you, and you can just walk away.

But curiosity picked at your mind.

What was he like? How did he find you? What does he want from you? Does he know of her passing? Did he love your mom?

NO. Don't yield Y/N. A man who truly loves a woman wouldn't neglect her and his unborn child all for his status.....right?

Maybe he didn't have much of a say in anything. Mother did run away and didn't give him a chance.

You sigh aloud, turn over, and look out the bedside window.

You just figured out you and your grandmother aren't the only ones. You have a dad, your biological dad.

Ever since your mom and father died, you only counted on your grandmother, no one else. Her love, and what was in your memories of your late parents were all you knew.

Having someone else, known to be your bloodline felt scary, weird, but invigorating. Especially when you knew your grandmother hasn't got much time left on this earth.

Maybe that's why she told you the truth. She doesn't want you to be alone.

You've decided.

I'm going to meet my father, and form a relationship with him. So my grandmother won't have to worry any longer.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

𝙱𝚛𝚞𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝. 😭 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜. 👁👁