Chapter 11

Hii ☺️ I've been busy, y'all enjoy.

Spending that night you decided to craft the perfect letter to announce your visitation to your father. I'd be one quick trip you thought, maybe a few hours, but no.

Twenty hours since you sent the letter, it was answered by a carriage, a fancy one at that, arriving to you.

The carriage was trimmed in gold, the horses are large and fit, the wheels bigger than you. It was nothing like the carriages you've known. Along with two quiet and grim guards sat on the rumble seat.

"Ah, 'ello miss. My name is Adam. The Duke sent me to pick you up."

"H-Hello. I'm Y/n, and it's nice to meet you Sir Adam."

"Polite little one are ya? Well, come on then! We've got a lot of ways to go, and I'd rather get you there before twilight."

You nod & grab your small bag. Till you were then stopped.

"Little lady like you, you sure your bring'in enough?"

You tilled your head, confused.

"Ah, never mind me." You quickly gathered yourself inside the carriage, and with a quick holler from the coachman, the carriage moved.

It's going to take hours to arrive at your destination. Along the way, you've seen amazing sights. The Mountains of Fallloch was one in particular. They were so big you could even see the mount top, which was masked in clouds high in the atmosphere. As well as the forest Linmoore, you've heard all kinds of fairytales as a kid based on Linmoore. Your mother would always encourage the thought of fairies and other magical creatures residing there.

With a rough tug of the carriage, you are woken up. Eyes feeling heavy yet wide open and strained, you blink your eyes for comfort looking out the window of the carriage. You see markets and plenty of townsfolk living about their everyday life.

'Where are we?'

You poke your head through the window and call to the coachman.

"Excuse me, where are we?", you ask politely.

"Awe mornin! We are in the town just before we get to the capital! Where almost to our destination!"

You nod and sit back in your seat. Looking out the window you could see children playing, and people selling merchandise and goods. The people here seem to be happy and thriving. You weren't good for politics but seeing the people thriving must mean the politicians have the peoples best in mind.

After a few more minutes of watching what passes by through the carriage window, you feel it come to a halt. The coachman leaps off of his seat and knocks on the door.

"Madam! We have arrived at your destination."

You get to feel a deep wave of anxiety wash over you. You're here, you're really here. Your father is here in this location, waiting for you! You don't know what to think, but you just feel uneasy.

"Thank you, good sir. I didn't bring much luggage so I believe your work here is done. Wonderful job, and thank you." you smile.

He smiles and bows humbly.

"Why thank you, dear madam." He looks up to see you holding out five cold coins.

He was confused, but you smiled.

"Thank you."

He takes the coins and removes his hat in respect.

You pick up your bag and wave him goodbye.

Walking down the long path you bask in the early morning mist. Beautiful cherry blossom trees cover your view of the sky. Birds singing filled your ears along with the occasional gentle gust of wind.

Eventually, you make it to a big gate. Black steel bars and a gold plate decorated the middle with a straight font that read 'Archambeau'. You frowned to yourself in thought.

"This is his home."

Squeezing your bag's handle in thought, you clear your mind of troubling thoughts.

"Just get in, and get out Y/n. Make this quick."

As you reach out your hand to push the gate ajar, it opens up on its own.

Watching it open, the wind picks up for but a moment. Making that uneasy feeling settle in more.

You look around before you head inside the gate.

Walking a little further through a big stone path, surrounded by bushes of campanula and foreign lycoris, they were beautiful but make this whole situation more unsettling.