Chapter Two - Encounter With The Two Boys

Start from the beginning

"Hey Mia, need a ride?" David asked politely making me smile instantly.

"Uh...I don't want to bother you." I said.

"Mia, we are going to the same school, get in." David chuckled.

"Umm...alright, thank you so much." I gave him a smile and got in.

"My car suddenly stopped working, I tried fixing it, but it didn't work." I added nervously.

I am not that nervous when I speak with people, but with River here, it feels.... I don't know. I have never seen an arrogant, cold, nerd before. I mean yeah, he is antisocial, intellectual, introverted; like my old self, but he is rude and cold.

How many times did I call him rude?

Also, he is not that known at school. I mean most people know him as David's sidekick or something, but I don't think that way. I see how much they love each other, like brothers.

"Oh...it's your luck day then." He replied referring to him and River passing by.

The rest of the ride was silent and awkward. I can't believe I accepted his offer, but I didn't really want to walk. Besides, the school is 5 minutes away.

We entered the school gates and River parked his Nissan Versa. We got out and I thanked them again, looking at River this time.

"Anytime." David replied and River just ignored me and left.

"Just don't take it personal." David said before following his friend.

I walked towards the school doors and made my way in. I looked for my friends and spotted them beside my locker.

"Hey guys." I groaned.

"Did you just come with David Johnson?" Cameron asked with wide eyes.

"How did you know?" I frowned.

"The whole school has been talking. They saw you get out of their car and you know news travel super fast." Camilla explained.

But that fast?

"My car broke down, thanks to David and River, they gave me a ride."

"Ugh, River." Camilla rolled her eyes.

"I know..." I rolled mine and we made our way to the first class.

English.

Cameron and I are together, but Camilla has a slightly different schedule. She has physics.

Walking inside, I quickly walked to my spot and sat down. Cameron sits with Karen; his soon to be girlfriend I guess, and he left me to rot alone at the back with the Jerks might I add.

Josh and his friends. David is one of them, but he is the 'nice one,' but Josh...to summarize, I would like to kill him.

He is a rude, mean, bully, and a player. He always makes fun of River, but River pays him no attention. He doesn't really care.

David tries to stop Josh, but Josh doesn't, and I still don't know why Josh hangs out with them.

"Good morning class!" Mrs. Jones greeted, putting her stuff on the desk.

"So, today we are going to talk about the project, again." She started, "Did everyone find a partner?" She asked casually.

Everyone raised their hands apart from me, River, David, and a girl named Sarah.

"If you don't have partners, then i'll choose for you." She said, "River with Sarah, and Mia with David."

Thank god!