Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

The door swung open just as I grabbed the needle to pull it off. Lady luck why do you hate me today? Why can't you just be on my side for once? I closed my eyes and hoped it was a nurse telling me I was free to go but even I knew that was wishful thinking.

"Running away again?" He asked and his voice was too close.

I opened my eyes and he was standing right in front of me. Too close budy, back up. He hadn't changed his cologne so he smelt so good. I wanted to close my eyes again in delight but that would look creepy.

"Why am I in your office and not in a ward?" I asked him looking away.

I was always so confident around Gabriel but now I didn't know what was happening. I couldn't look him in the eyes. He was giving me this look that I couldn't quite decipher and it was unnerving me.

My heart was beating very fast in my chest and I could feel my hands start to shake. What the fuck was happening to me? Calm down Nia. You can do this. Just look up smile and make sure this is over soon before you pass out again.

"I wanted to keep you here and make sure that you were okay." He replied still searching my eyes for I don't know what.

"Can you please get this off me?" I requested holding out my arm with the IV.

"Yeah sure. Do you know why you passed out?" He asked.

"Blood loss because of the cut in my arm." I replied.

"Yeah that's true and also the alcohol in your system wasn't helping your case. You need to lay off alcohol for a while and drink more water." He instructed and I laughed.

"What's so funny? "He asked as I watched him out on a pair of gloves.

"It's just like the first time we met all over again. You banning me from drinking alcohol." I replied with a fond smile at the memory.

He smiled too and grabbed my hand to remove the the long ass needle. Oh God! His smile. I had missed seeing that so much. He removed the tape holding it in place before careful pulling it out and putting cotton wool to stop the blood from oozing out. His hand was warm and strong. I missed the feel of his hands in my soft skin. Were they still as rough as before or were they soft and smooth now. And here I was back in the trap. Gabriel's trap.

He took the cotton swab off and put a band aid over the tiny hole on my skin since the bleeding had stopped. He took off his gloves tossing them in the bin next to us but didn't move though. What was he waiting for?

"Is that it? Can I go now?" I asked really wanting to get out of here.

I was not expecting that this is where my day would lead me. I had always pictured how Gabriel and I would meet again. This was definitely not one of the many scenarios I had made up in my head. He looked so handsome it hurt to just look at him. If I leaned in I could kiss him and feel his soft lips on mine. If I lifted my arm I could touch him and feel his skin on mine. If I wanted I could wrap my arms around him and remind myself how it felt to be in his embrace. All this were thoughts of a girl who had missed the one man in her life who had meant more to her than a simple fuck. This gorgeous specimen here was all she had thought about the past three years and now that he was finally here she was confused. Hold him? Runaway? What?!

What if he was married or in a relationship? Fuck. I needed to get out of here.

"Baby girl look at me." He said pinching my chin and tilting my head up to look at him.

My breath hitched at the endearment. A married man would not call his long lost love a name like that. Hope sparked in me so I looked up from my hooded eyes and met his gaze. He was looking at me with so much love and adoration that my insides melted.