Chapter 13: Promise

(Akiri POV)

All of the thugs then rushed me at the same time. I summoned my device then got into a stance. I then blocked and parried their attacks. I then got into the offensive, knocking them out one by one.

A few moments passed, and there are a few of them left. I then pulled out a sleeping gas grenade and pulled the pin. I dropped the grenade and used my noble art to disappear. Sleeping gas then filled the room, making the armed thugs drop to the ground one by one.

(Third person POV)

Artur looked at the beaten up thugs on the ground.

Artur: Useless pieces of shits

He walked over to Akiri while stepping on the unconscious thugs laying on the floor.

Artur: So, you're the one they call The Phantom

Akiri: You know about me?

Artur: I know everything about you

Akiri: Good. Now how about you just give yourself in. We both know how this is gonna end, with you beaten to the ground

Artur: You wouldn't think it would be that easy did you? I won't be going down without a fight

Akiri: Eh, worth a shot

Artur then smirks and he summons his device.

Artur: Now, let us dance!

Artur rushed Akiri and they clashed blades.

Akiri: (thoughts) He's fast

Artur then attacks Akiri with slashes and thrusts. Akiri is only blocking and parrying his attacks, constantly in the defensive and is struggling to keep up.

Artur: You seem to be able to keep up with me!

He rushed Akiri again and they continued to clash blades. Akiri kept hitting him with rapid slashes but Artur just blocked them while smirking.

Akiri: (thoughts) I have to use it. I'll attack him when his guard is lowest

Akiri: *quietly* Daitai Genjitsu...

He then used his noble art to disappear.

Artur then turned around but Akiri wasn't there.

Akiri: (thoughts) He fell for it

Artur then quickly reverse gripped his device and stabbed it behind him and ended up stabbing Akiri who was appearing behind him.

Akiri: H-how?

Artur: You think that would work on me?

He then kicks Akiri, sending him flying back

Artur: It's over, even a little scratch would be enough to kill you!