Chapter 1: Arrival

(Third person POV)

Currently, a black haired boy wearing a dark grey hoodie and navy blue jeans with a backpack on his back is walking through the airport. Once he is outside he begins to look around. After a couple of minutes he found what he was looking for and immediately made his way to it which revealed to be a black luxury sedan with dark tinted windows.

When he is getting closer to the black sedan he glanced at the plate number to make sure it is the right car and got into the back seat.

???: Akiri Shiranobu?

Akiri: Yes

The car then begins to move.

???: Good, I am Kurono Shinguuji

Akiri: Huh, didn't expect the director to personally come and welcome me.

Kurono: When you have someone as important as yourself it wouldn't be surprising. You also declined an escort.

Akiri: Eh, I don't like attention.

Kurono: I guess that's in understandable. Here.

She hands Akiri a key.

Kurono: The key to your dorm room. We have an odd amount of students this year so you won't be having a roommate.

Akiri: Sweet.

After a moment of silence Akiri began to speak up.

Akiri: Has she arrived?

Kurono: Yes, not too long ago actually, she even have a mock battle coming up.

Akiri: Mock battle?

Kurono: She was unsatisfied with something

Akiri: *sighs* Of course she is.

After a couple of minutes of driving they had finally reached their destination, Hagun Academy.

Akiri: Where is the match taking place?

Kurono: The fourth training field.

Akiri: Thanks

Kurono: Enjoy your stay, phantom.

Akiri: ...

He then closed the door and the car drives off. He watches the car drive off until it is out of view and made his way to the dorms.

(Timeskip)

He had just arrived at the dorms where he will be staying at. He is currently looking for his room which is in the highest floor.

Akiri: (thoughts) 1067,1068,1069 nice,1070 Ah, here it is 1071.

Putting the key into the lock, he twisted the key and it made a satisfying click. He opened the door and looks inside.
It was a nice looking room not too cramped but not too spacious, a couch in the middle facing the TV and bunk beds in the corner.

Akiri: (thoughts) Its a pretty nice room but no time to look around, her mock battle starts in a couple of minutes.

He took off his clothes and went to the shower. Once he is done he quickly dries himself of with a towel and changed into the school uniform and heads straight out to the fourth training field.

(Timeskip)

(Akiri POV)

I have made it just in time and got a place to sit looking around there are a fair amount of audience. I see the director with a boy with spiky black hair and grey eyes. I look at the information screen and was surprised when I saw his name.

Akiri: (thoughts) Kurogane? Rank F?

I narrowed my eyes at him

Akiri:(thoughts) Him being a Kurogane is surprising enough, but rank F? That's practically unheard of.

I was brought up from my thoughts as I saw a certain red haired Princess.

Akiri:(thoughts) Stella Vermillion

Stella: I heard about your rumor, you did not have a high enough ability score so you could take classes on actual fighting.

Akiri: (thoughts) Wait, could he be who they call "the worst one"?

I try to listen in to what they were talking, Stella being herself said that he should quit trying to be a knight but what surprises me is his answer.

Ikki: Maybe so, but I have no intention quitting this match.

Akiri: (thoughts) not much of a quitter huh? This should be interesting.

Ikki: Come to me, Intetsu!

Stella: Serve me Laevateinn!

Announcer: Lets go ahead!

The battle starts and Stella have rushed him with an overhead slash but ikki dodged it by jumping backwards and Stella's sword hits the ground.

Stella: Good judgement, my dragon breath's fire is over 3,000 degrees Celsius.

Akiri: (thoughts) She didn't want to give him a chance huh? What's on the line here just really be something. But then again she's always like this.

The battle goes on for a while and I was surprised at his skills, he is matching Stella blow for blow. When It looks like Stella's strike is about to hit he did something unexpected.

Akiri:(thoughts) He blocked it with using the hilt?

He then pushes Stella's sword away and hit her with a overhead slash, but it didn't do anything. He then jumped a few feet backwards.

Stella: Pierce the blue sky, flames of purgatory. Katharterio Salamandra!

Akiri:(thoughts) to think he would push her to use it. How is this guy an F rank?

She points her sword towards the sky spirals of flame then came out from her sword and made a hole through the roof of the arena. She then points her sword towards Ikki and flames resembling a dragon comes rushing towards him. But to my surprise it didn't hit him and he suddenly appears behind Stella.

Akiri:(thoughts) is that his noble art?

Stella then tried to hit Ikki but failed as he dodged every single strike. He then rushed Stella while also evading her hits and once he gets close enough he leaps into the air.

Ikki: with my greatest weakness, I'll defeat your greatest strength!

He then slashed Stella as he landed winning the match.

Kurono: The winner is Ikki Kurogane!

Akiri:(thoughts) He did it he beat Stella and judging by the faces of the rest of the audience, they are just as surprised as I am.

I then saw that Ikki has passed out

Akiri:(thoughts) Ikki Kurogane huh? He is an interesting one.

(Timeskip)

(Stella POV)

I am making my way to the dormitory after being treated in the infirmary. I then suddenly heard a voice from behind.

??? : Well that was something.

I look behind me and it was a black haired male standing there, he looks familiar.

Stella: Who are you?

???: Aww, don't tell me you forgot about me already.

He then walked a few steps toward me so I can get a closer look at him and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Stella: Akiri!?

Akiri: What's up cuz?

(A/N: Welcome to my first book. I am truly excited but at the same time nervous to start my first book. Let me know what you think, any encouragement or criticism is accepted and probably will motivate me to continue this book. This is just a side project of mine to help kill time during the quarantine so don't expect daily or maybe even weekly updates, but that is subject to change. I'll try to get a new chapter every week. Thanks for reading.)