“You need some water speed racer?” Lily handed me a bottle of water and I chugged it down. “ I got all your crap in the car already. Take a second to get your legs back.”  I laid in the grass for a good five minutes while my breathing went back to normal and Lily chatted and watered a few of the other guys that were coming in from laps. They all laughed at her names for them. She called Dutch speedy gonzales and Walker Mario Andretti. 

    “Lil let’s go home.” She passed off another few bottles of water and joined me. We walked up the hill to the parking lot and got in her car. She scrunched up her nose. “Do I smell?” 

    “Like a dirty sock”  She reached into her glove compartment and put in an air vent clip. “Now it can smell like a dirty sock in the forest.”  I pulled out of the space and headed home. “ My parents are going to be home tonight, I have to be home tonight.” 

    “That's fine. I’m sure my mom will be good with that. How’s your head?” I put my hand on her thigh. She automatically slided hers up my arm and into my hair, fingers swirling around it. She looked out at the road. 

    “I took some pain reliever. I think it’s a hormonal headache based on where it hurts. I think my period is coming soon.”  She usually looked at me when we talked. But we haven’t talked about this at all. She seemed uneasy. Was she afraid to talk to me about it? Or was she afraid of my reaction to it? She stayed silent. 

    “Ok do you need me to help you in any way?” She looked over at me, surprised. 

    “You want to have a conversation about my period?” Her brow raised. 

    “Not like a in depth conversation no. But if you need something or I need to know something, yes.” I took a breath. 

    “I usually get my migraines the worst at this time. I cramp really bad and generally feel like shit the entire time. So I might not be the most fun person to be around. My periods are really jacked up. We have found no reason why so, yeah. It could be three days or eight we will just have to see. I’m sorry in advance If I am bitch-a-rina.” She took a moment to think “Or if I’m hella aggressive about ‘naughty time’. Her quotations about naughty time cracked me up. A good belly laugh. 

    “There is no way you could be too aggressive  about naughty time with me.” She cocked her eyebrow before. “Pretty much every second of the day I’m thinking about different ways I can be with you.” She drew her breath in  sharply. 

    “I know you probably don’t want to hear this, but I drew blood once.” I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to be scared or not, but it kinda turned me on. The thought of her so hungry for me, so ready for it. I squeezed her thigh.  We listened to music the rest of the way home. I parked her car and went home for a shower and change of clothes. 

    “Hey Mr. Beaumont.” Lily’s dad was arriving home just as I walked up. He nodded toward me. We entered the house in file and followed  the noise into the kitchen. Lily and her mom were putting enchiladas in the oven. There was already gawk and salsa on the counter. A big wooden bowl was full of chips. Lily went for the dishes.

    I took them from her and started to set the table. By the time everything was out and glasses filled with ice the timer was up.  The pan of enchiladas was placed in the middle table and we sat down. We ate quietly for a few moments. Then Lily’s mother spoke. 

“We are taking a little break. For my mental heath, I need a break. Two weeks starting this friday. I have already spoken with your mother Giles. You will stay with them  until we get back.” Her father cleared his throat.