Chapter 13 - |Golden Swear|

"And yet, you talk as if you knew him."

The pressure is up within seconds, and Kageyama is immediately wary of the big bad boy who stands before him, all relaxed and smirky, hands in his pockets.

But the setter knows that this is just a facade.

He knows it because of the coldness in the other's deep blue eyes, who were similar to his ones, but so different, at the same time, is not as cold as it seems.

Aomine's were a raging, dazzling storm of saphir, who seemed to naturally give the vibe of mockery, even without meaning it. Slicing through anyone who dared to meet his gaze, forcing others to submit and advert their attention somewhere else.

"I do." Tobio boldly responds, not lowering his eyes for a second. Because he wasn't going to back off. Because some delinquent was criticizing his relationship with Hinata, and because he was done with all this fucking mess. "Maybe more than you."

For some seconds, there's only silence, who followed Kageyama's provocative fact.

"Well, I'm not surprised." Grumbles Midorima, sighing while putting a hand on his waist. "Fools will stay fools, after all."

"Hey!" Intervenes Nishinoya, glaring at the green haired man. The scene was almost comical, as the two of them looked like a child seeking the attention of his father, because of their height difference. "Did you even see how they work together? Did you see their freaking quick?"

"Of course." Answers Akashi, immediately. He raises elegantly one of his eyebrows, as if offended to hear the idea that he hadn't seen that quick. "An efficace scoring machine. A perfect precision, as expected of my cousin. But unfortunately, it has its limits."

The indifference in his voice made Yuu's eyes blink, curious, and forgetting the situation they were in right now, he asked :

"What do you mean?"

Akashi closes one of his eyes, and stares at Hinata, who was standing besides and slightly behind Tetsuya.

"The fact that Shouyou closes his eyes to entirely rely on Tobio is what will lead them to failure."