"Did you find them?" Anna's voice comes from behind him. "Claudia? Jordan?" she yells before she too emerges, her hand flying to her mouth in shock before a loud sob erupts. Both of them fall to their knees and I bury my head back in Zac's chest, unable to cope with the sight of their heartbroken expressions. I'm broken enough on my own.

"We need to go!" Zac repeats, his voice slightly stronger. "Kieran!" he calls and I hear stumbling footsteps before Zac pushes me away slightly. "Emilia," he says softly and I glance up at his tear filled eyes. "Go with Kieran and Anna."

"No." I shake my head, attempting to resist when Kieran and Anna wrap their arms around me, lifting me from the cold, hard floor. "No!" I repeat.

"Emilia!" Zac snaps, grabbing onto my face and forcing me to look at him. "Please go! I have to help Jordan." Glancing back over his shoulder, I watch as Jordan continues to cry, his fist tightly clutching at Claudia's clothing.

Looking back at Zac, I nod, Anna's arm curling around my shoulder, her head resting against mine as we both let the tears fall, Kieran leading us away.

Emerging from the dark building, we continue away from it, heading up towards the hill. I don't ask where the others are, I'm not even sure I care.

My feet somehow move one in front of the other, my eyes on the ground, watching the cracked tarmac beneath me. It's dark, it's wet, and it's miserable. I wish we'd never left the house tonight.

We should have left Nottingham when we had the chance.

"Emilia?" Heidi's voice exclaims. I don't dare look up, feeling her reach out and wrap her arms around me, pulling me away from Anna and Kieran. "What happen... oh my god!" she says, her mouth dropping open in shock.

I follow her gaze to see Jordan walking towards us, his eyes blank, Claudia laying in his arms, her hand hanging down limply. Zac stands beside him, his hand across Jordan's back as they make their way towards us.

Shocked gasps and cries erupt from the group behind Heidi and I, everyone apparently still here. The guys don't stop as they reach us, Zac and Jordan continuing through the crowd, allowing everyone to see the gorgeous, fallen woman.

"We need to leave," Zac announces loudly as he walks, his voice weak. "I triggered the bombs, we have four minutes." With those words everyone finally begins to follow them, Heidi muttering in my ear as she pulls me along.

I don't register a thing, not where we're going or what we're doing. I don't hear what Heidi is saying to me, instead replaying the moment in the city hall all over again. What if I hadn't talked shit back to Gia? What if I'd stayed closer to Claudia and Jordan?

What if we hadn't decided to blow up city hall? We could have just left Nottingham, no more death or destruction, all of us happy and content outside of the city. Claudia and Jordan could have had the little family she always wanted.

A sudden loud bang makes me jump, Heidi's grip tightening as we turn to see the historic city hall erupting into flame as shrapnel and brick fly into the sky.

My mouth drops open at the sight, the orange coloured sky lighting up the entire city of Nottingham, and for once I don't see my home.

It's a destroyed mess, a place that has been corrupted over and over. The heart of the city was annihilated in the war, their attempts to tether us all together only breaking apart just as the city hall is now.

This place isn't my home. It's just a fucking nightmare.

*~*~*