"Go get 'em, princess," JJ told her, a wide smile across his face.

"Oh, always," she grinned.

"You got this!" John B cheered, "Don't worry about it."

"Its not us that I'm worried about," Kiara smirked, backing away towards her car with Brie in tow, "I've got master flirter over here and you've got an uptight nerd and a stoner."

"Hey!" JJ protested. Pope just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Brie laughed as she saluted them and winked. "Good luck, boys."

JJ snuck around the side of the junkyard with Pope and John B and crouched behind a big piece of timber, watching as Brie approached the security box calmly. Kiara stood by the jeep and glanced back at the boys, clearly letting Brie take the lead on this mission.

He could see Brie waving to the guard, drawing him away from his post. JJ rolled his eyes as she began playing with her hair and tilting her head, obviously flirting with the man.

That kind of pissed him off. He didnt know why. Maybe it was because JJ knew the guy, or that he was probably twice her age. The whole plan revolved around Brie flirting with the guard so that they could grab the drone, but seeing her hitting on another dude in front of his face...he didnt like that at all.

The guards name was Bobby. He used to look after JJ sometimes when his dad used to work here. Used to let him have half of his sandwich and let him sit with him every time JJ showed up to work with his dad with a new set of bruises.

Bobby knew what was going on, but he never admitted it. After all, he could hardly report it. All that would do was send JJ into the foster system; a system that was less than kind to broke kids coming from abusive homes.

Bobby smiled at Brie as she lay her hand on his arm, making JJ grit his teeth. He then grabbed what looked like a toolbox from behind the security shed, showing Brie that he was willing to help. She gave them a thumbs up behind her back. She'd got him.

"Hey," JJ asked, suddenly remembering the conversation he and Brie had with John B on the way to Ms Lana's house. "How's it going with Kiara?"

"Honestly," John B sighed, "Not weird or awkward or anything."

JJ couldnt help but chuckle. "I did not think that you would actually listen to me and make a move on her. In my defence, I was almost one hundred percent sure that she was into you. Even Brie agreed that she thought you and Kie had a thing."

"Of course you asked Brie about it," Pope scoffed.

JJ's pulse quickened. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"He means," John B hissed, "That there's clearly something going on with you and her."

"Me and Brie..." JJ huffed in frustration. "Look, its complicated. And I don't see why you would have an issue with it seeing as you made a move on Kiara!"

"So you admit that there's something going on?" Pope asked, raising his eyebrows.

They both stared at him in shock. Despite their suspicions, they hadn't expected JJ to actually admit anything. JJ mentally cursed himself. Fucking dumbass.

"No," JJ sighed in frustration, "There's nothing going on. I mean, even if there was, why would it be such a big deal? You were more than happy to move in on Kiara, so why could I not make a move with Brie?"

"Dude," Pope whispered, eyes wide, "She's got you totally whipped."

JJ scoffed. "She hasn't got me whipped."