It seems like all his vulnerabilities are slowly opening up to my sight this very evening.

Something shifted behind those orbs. Too quick to be caught in time.

He turned away, approaching the bed, he sat down on it. His legs spread apart, elbows sitting on his knees. His head bowed down, trying to count the crawling ants in the vicinity.

Or so I thought.

"You go change first." He ordered without so much as to face me.

I frowned at his stature. Why is he acting like a lost kid.

Is he really just letting me go? Or is he going to make a move after I change!

I kept myself from scratching my head hard.

I took a step towards him instead of the bathroom," king i-"

"Faith!" His voice raised instantly but he caught it in time and inhaled a whole bunch of air closing his eyes tightly shut until the creases formed on their corners," go!" He mumbled out.

He gripped the bangs hanging low on his forehead that were trying to console him and bunched them up in his palms, swatting them back flatly as he ran his fingers all the way to the back of his head and held them there in the tangle of his fingers.

He shut down himself from me.

I knew better than to drag the subject further. Instead I padded to the bathroom and opened its door, entering inside sheepishly. I tuned around to find him in the exact same position. Hunched over.

Like an old man. The only difference was that. His hair wasn't graying. I shut the door on this mysterious man.

After a bath down my back, leaving my hair in a bun, I slipped into my grey sleeping outfit, securing scarf aeound my head and vacated the bathroom.

Darkness.

It seemed like I stepped out of the bright heaven into the pit of hell. Aside from the fact that it smelled of jasmine and fresh Roses.

I squinted my eyes, closing the door behind me and let my eyes adjust in the faint flicker of the candle.

King was nowhere in sight.

Something gripped at my heart and twisted it. Did he leave me here all alone?

Why did he go?

Panicking, I lunged out of the room, skidding down the stairs, taking two at a time. It was taking eternity. My eyes were still not adjusted to dark yet.

I tried to skip the three stairs at once in a rush but felt my ankle twisting at odd angle.

"Ya Allah!" I whimpered, almost bending over and holding my feet in hands.

But it could be taken care of later.

Padding down the rest of the stairs, I patted the wall where I felt like the switchboard would be. My eyes wide open trying to make out my surroundings. After thumping around for couple of seconds, I felt the series of cold switches under my finger tips and flicked the one open.

My hand flew up to my almost squinted eyes, shielding them from the glare of piercing light until I found it soften up a bit.

I could finally feel the air around me.

There he was. I could see him through the slightly ajar door, sitting at the doorstep under the small light bulb, illuminated overhead. Gazing out into the abyss.

Changed into pair of dark pants and a matching dark hoodie. Its hood thrown backward carelessly. Like an outcast. Guess he was in no mood of anything blocking the moonlight from him.