Part 13

Seeing her in front of him brought feelings so intense, that he almost felt dizzy, although, seeing and hearing his arch-enemy threaten her wasn't a pleasant sight.  

Nandini and Navya were standing just outside the principal's office looking annoyed and frustrated as Harshad yelled at the two causing a major scene.

" ......with no warning, don't pick up our calls, offer absolutely no explanation, then you come back only tamper with my business."

FAB5 and Navya looked confused, while Nandini's expressions contoured to disgust. But Harshad was not willing to stop, taking threatening steps towards the girls he moved forward in a bid to intimidate them. 

" What do you think of yourself? Koi Mother India ho tum? Sabko bachane ki zimmedari le rakhi hai tumne, haa? Toh apne hi members ko betray kyun kiya? (Are you some Mother India? You've taken some kind of responsibility to save others or what? Then why did you betray you own members?) What the hell do you think, you can just jump in and destroy my band and my plans. These are your group etiquettes? SPEAK UP? ANSWER ME?"

He was about to push her, when a hand blocked him and stood in between him and Nandini.

Manik who was going near Harshad to do the same looked shocked at the new entry, but before he could even react, the man had landed a hard punch right at harshad's face while the rest remained shocked

Manik who was going near Harshad to do the same looked shocked at the new entry, but before he could even react, the man had landed a hard punch right at harshad's face while the rest remained shocked. Harshad fell back almost collapsing on Nandini but the man held him.

" Who the hell do you  think you are to even think you can touch her? Usne jo kiya, side pe rakh, tujhe kisne usse sawal karne ka haq diya? Yeh hai tere 'group etiquetes', apni hi member ko sabke sammne blame karna aur ek ladki ko public mein push...

" Who the hell do you  think you are to even think you can touch her? Usne jo kiya, side pe rakh, tujhe kisne usse sawal karne ka haq diya? Yeh hai tere 'group etiquetes', apni hi member ko sabke sammne blame karna aur ek ladki ko public mein push karna? ( Whatever she did aside, who gave you the permission to question her? Are these your manner, accusing your own member in front of everyone, and pushing a girl in public?) Physical and Mental Harrassment are criminal charges, you get that. Stay away from Nandini. If I see you near my...."

With each sentence, he clutched Harshad's collar tighter, almost choking him, but Nandini stopped him, holding his arm.

" Mar jaayega woh. (He'll die.) Leave him. Aap ja kar humara kam khatam karo, mein yahan handle kar lungi. (You go and our work, I'll handle it here.)"

While Manik glared at this new entry, Cabir, Dhruv and Mukti looked at the scene curiously. Alya and Navya stood scared seeing the man almost kill Harshad. Alya was about to move forward when Nandini stepped in and stopped him. 

" Are you sure, Gudiya? (Doll?)"

The man looked unsure, unwilling to leave her alone with Harshad standing on his feet.

Hearing the endearment everyone but Manik stood onfused while the monster's inner volcano started bubbling.

Nandini simply nodded making him sigh and leave, after glaring at Harshad once. 

Harshad coughed rubbing his throat while FAB5 moved towards him.

"You will never change, right Bhai? Kal aap Navya ko force kar rahe thei aur aaja Nandini ko push karne vaale thei. (Yesterday you were forcing Navya and today you were going to push Nandini.) However much I want to believe that you're a good person, you always prove me wrong."

Alya shook her head as she looked at the evil man in front of her. Even though this was a common discovery by now, but she couldn't help feel disappointment rush into her. 

Dhruv kept his hand on her shoulder as a comforting gesture even before Mukti could reach her like she always did. 

Navya teared up at the mention of the previous night and Mukti instantly looked at her while Nandini looked up shocked at this revelation.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I thought we were special. Mujhe laga teri Dushmani hum se hai, isliye tu humse ladta hai par tu toh universal jerk nikla. ( I thought since you have enemity with us, you figt with us, but you turned out to be a universal jerk.)"

Cabir taunted Harshad while Nandini turned to Navya. But before she could say a word, Navya answered her unasked questions herself.

"Hum ttheek hai, tum fikar mat karo. Kal, jab hum tumhe dhoond rahe thei, toh humne dekha ki Harshad ji ciggarette pee rahe thei. Woh tumhare baare mein bakwaas kar rahe thei, jab humne unhe toka toh wo humme ciggartte pilaane ke liye zabardasti karne lage. Woh toh shukar hai ki Mukti waqt pe aagai aur unhe rok kar humme bacha liya. Humne tunhe kitni baar call kiya, tumhare ghar par bhi phone kiya, par tumse baat karne ka koi tareeka hi nahi tha. Hum kal itna darre huye thei aur tumse baat karne ke liye betaab ho rahe thei, par tumne ek bhi...... (I'm fine, you don't worry. Yesterday, when I was finding you, I saw him smoking. He was speaking nonsence about you, when I stopped him then he tried to force me into smoking. Thank God that Mukti came on time and stopped him, saving me. I called you so many times, even dialled your house number, but there was no way to talk to you. I was so scared yesterday and was so desperate to talk to you, but you didn't even..... )"

Manik stood in front of the guy in question as Cabir finished. Holding Harshad's collar he made the latter face him.

"Your problem is with us right. Then why are you troubling them. Just because, you don't have the talent, don't blame them. That judge made it clear that Nandini's absense was compensated for, then why can't you understand one basic thing. Jaanta hai meine apni aadhi zindagi nikaal di sabko yeh prove karne mein ki tu trust karne laayak nahi hai. Itne chances diye, par tujhe toh samajh hi nahi aata. Apni incompetence ki frustration apne hi band members pe nikaal raha hai. Tu solos ke liye hi ttheek hai, (You know I spent half my life proving to everyone that you are not trustworthy. Gave you so many chances, but you never understood. You're taking out the frustration of your incompetence on your own band members itself. You're only fit for solos,) because you are toxic for humanity. You can't be loyal to anyone, can you?"

Harshad chuckled as Manik questioned him. 

"Loyalty. Why don't you ask your precious Nandini about loyalty? She got enough to blackmail me yesterday and now she has enough for you as well. Kya pataa, kal tumhe sawaal karne ka mauqa hi na mile. (Who knows, you don't even have the chance to question her.) You've checked your phone, right?"

At this statement, all five friends looked towards Nandini, confused while she was busy listening to Navya.

Manik quicky took out his phone and looked at the video Harshad had sent him last night. Seeing the contents, his eyes popped out and he marched towards Nandini.  

Sorry, I'm late

Sorry, I'm late. College has started and JEE is fast approaching, so little busy.

Next update, next week.