Part 3

It was finally his turn to perform.
His friends took the stage and he dragged himself towards his position.

No emotions on his face, he just let his soul take over his voice as the music started. His fingers played the guitar on their own accord, he was a natural  after all.

Cabir
Yaariyaan Ve..Yaariyan…

Dhruv
Dil Mera Hain Na Samajh Kitana
Besabar Ye Bewakuf Bada
Chahata Hain Kitana Tujhe
Khud Magar Nahi Jaan Saka

Manik
Is Dard-E-Dil Ki Sifarish
Ab Kar De Koi Yahaan
Ki Mil Jaaye Ise Wo Barish
Jo Bhiga De Poori Tarah..
Is Dard-E-Dil Ki Sifarish
Ab Kar De Koi Yahaan
Ki Mil Jaaye Ise Wo Barish
Jo Bhiga De Poori Tarah..

Cabir
Yaariyaan Ve..Yaariyan…

Manik
Kya Huaa Asar Tere Saath Reh Kar Naa Jaane
Ki Hosh Mujhe Naa Raha
Lafz Mere The Zubaan Pe Aake Ruke
Par Ho Na Sake Woh Bayaan
Dhadkan Tera Hi Naam Jo Le
Aankhein Bhi Paighaam Ye De
Teri Nazar Ka Hi Ye Asar Hai
Mujh Pe Jo Huaa

Is Dard-E-Dil Ki Sifaarish
Ab Kar De Koi Yahaan
Ki Mil Jaaye Isey Woh Baarish
Jo Bhiga De Poori Tarah (X2)

Tu Jo Mila To Zindagi Hai Badli
Main Poora Naya Ho Gaya
Hain Beasar Duniya Ki Baatein Badi
Ab Teri Sunu Main Sadda
Hmm Milne Ko Tujhse Bahane Karoon
Tu Muskuraaye Vajah Main Banoon..
Roz Bitana Sath Mein Tere Sara Din Mera..

Manik and Dhruv
Is Dard-E-Dil Ki Sifarish
Ab Kar De Koi Yahaan
Ki Mil Jaye Ise Wo Barish
Jo Bhiga De Poori Tarah..
Is Dard-E-Dil Ki Sifarish
Ab Kar De Koi Yahaan
Ki Mil Jaye Ise Wo Barish
Jo Bhiga De Poori Tarah…

Cabir
Yaariyaan…Yaariyan…

The song ended as the applause and cheers rang out loud. But to his mind all the cheers only felt like accusations;
" You're a monster, Manik"
"You hurt her"
"How can you step foot on this stage when you were the reason she couldn't"
"Even if you win this, the prize will only remain a reminder of guilt"
"Shame on you, Manik Malhotra"

As the voices in his hallucinations got louder, he walked out of the stage and rushed to look for her.

He searched every place he could think of but found nothing, that is till he reached NH3's green room.

Harshad's voice sounded angry and frustrated as he questioned frightened girl in front of him," What the hell Navya, Nandini did not come. You had gone to find her, right?, then where was she during the performance.We all worked so hard, and in the end she just disappears. I knew it, itne dino se us Manik Malhotra ke saath, na jaane kya jar rahi thi,  in fact Shahid ne usse performance ke just pehle bhi use Manik ke saath dekha tha, isn't us Manik ke saath plan banaya hoga, hume last moment ditch karne ka. ( I knew it, from the last few days, she us doing God knows what all with that Manik Malhotra, in fact Shahid saw her with him just before the performance.  She must have made some plan with him to ditch us at the last moment). That bloody back-stabbing bitch!!!

Manik's blood boiled hearing the accusations against her, he was just about to break the mouth that dared say those words against her when Navya spoke up.

"Harshad ji, aisa nahi hai. Hum angrezi nahi jaante magar itna keh saktein hai, ki abhi jo aapne Nandini ko kaha wo bilkul sahi nahi tha. Hum gaye the Nandini ko bulane, vo sach mei  bahut pareshan thi. Usi ne hume kaha tha uski jagah lene ke liye, unsne dhoka nahi diya. Use apni baat samjhane ka mauka to deejiye. (Harshad ji, its not like that. I went to call Nandini but she was really in some problem. She only told me to take her place, she didn't betray us. At least give her a chance to explain herself.)"

"Navya, we were an incomplete band. Jab tum gaa rahi thi to keyboard piece uss time ka miss ho gaya tha. Competition se zyada important aaj aur kuchh nahi ho akt tha. Aur usne aaj hi hume disappoint kiya. Kuchh bhi reason ho, this is not done.I will destroy her agar hum competition haare.Her stupid reasons won't affect me. I don't care wo kah thi, you this( Navya, we were an incomplete band out there. When you were singing a part of the keyboard segment was missed. I need to know why Nandini did not come. And if she cannot explain herself, then I'll be the worst person she would ever come across.) Remember that.

Manik was about to go and knock some sense into Harshad but stopped when he saw Dhruv go in.

Dhruv may be a silent and shy person but there was no way in hell he would hear anything against people he cared about and Nandini was already a permanent part of that list. He wasn't Manik to start a fight but he wasn't going to stay mum and ignore the matter.

"Harshad, tumhara performance bauhat accha that. Nandini ke pass zaroor koi reason hoga why she didn't come. And yeh tum bhi jaante ho ki agar yaha pe koi plotting chal rahi hai to uska mastermind kaun hoga. Jaha tak Manik aur Nandini ki baat hai, chuhe billi ki tarah ladte hai dono. Aur bas abhi abhi hi dosti honi shuru hui hai. Agar wo dono thoda time spend kare to tumhe kya. Khair, main bhi kisse baat karke apna time waste kar  raha hoon. Par yaad rakhna. Mere friends ya Nandini ke baare mein kuchh kahoge to mein chup nahi rahunga. (Harshad, your performance was very good. Nandini must have had a reason for not coming. And even you know that if there's any plotting going on here, who would be the mastermind. And as far as Manik and Nandini are concerned, they fight like cats and dogs. Just recently they've become friends. If they spend some time together, How does it matter to you. Anyway, why am I wasting my time telling you all this. But remember, if you say anything against my friends or Nandini, I won't stay mum.)

************************************