Chapter 3: Information And Selina

"System, I need to know some things before opening the store."

Since I was foreign to the new things I'm somehow unable to grasp, I need information before tackling this unusual event.

I'm supposed to be quite cautious on things I don't understand but because I was still daze upon waking up, I'm somehow unable to grasp everything and information to this mysterious place is of key imporance as of right now.

The AI began to explain to me everything to know about this Store and the world.

One, I can actually return to my old world by going back and forth through the door.

Two, the AI would act as my personal assistant but only in a form of being my advisor, doing the maintainance of the store and able to secure the store while I'm at my own world.

Three, all the earnings on the internet cafe would be subtracted for the maintainance and security and I can exchange my money through my PC at the manager desk. It seems that the currency in here and my world can actually be exchange and converted by the AI. I can also store the money through my bank account here as well.

Finally, the AI seems to say to me that other people can't see the door except for me. So, I'm currently safe for the moment if someone finds out of existance disappearing back and forth suddenly.

But even with that, only a few people would head to my place and my family is currently in abroad due to circumstances. They'll probably be staying for a long time since they plan on working there and only return on holidays and so on.

While I was listening to the AI teaching me how to manage the store at my own world, a knock on the door to the entrance was heard as I drank some coffee and held some bread on my other hand. I open the door to be greeted by a girl who was smiling to me.

"Len! So your finally back here huh."

I somehow dropped the bread in my mouth which my hand had place to open the door and didn't expect to meet my childhood friend.

Selina Fey Reyes, the girl whom I was classmates with till graduating from highschool. While I was an arrogant prick, she was the one who stick by me and help me in some group projects which we somehow got acquainted with and even been friends.

While I was the only kid who somehow able to grab a scolarship in a university, most of my classmates choose either working early with their highschool degree, went to military or had to go to a college. Selina was one of my classmates who went to college at the time and we both go our separate ways.

I didn't expect to see her again and be right in front of me.

She always had treated me like a troublesome little brother who always saw me as a helpless kid, grew arrogant since I'm the smartest kid in the class but I'm quite surprised to see her right in front of me.

"Hey Hey. I hear that you got fired from your job and returned here to build an Internet Cafe. Talk about our smart guy getting the short end of the stick. "

"Ouch. That jab kinda hurt you know that right. Also, desk work isn't my strong point. You know that."

"Right Len, becoming the 'Best of the Chefs and making the most delicious dish ever!' was what you said to me right? Why have you considered building an internet cafe over a restaurant? "

".......... Can we not talk about my childish dream? I'm not like that anymore. Also, I haven't perfected my skills to open a restaurant and decided to open an internet cafe due to the profits it would bring...."

"Sure...."

Selina tends to use that line to poke my sore spots as I barely hold my tears to refute. It was a childish dream i had as a kid that i tend to brag to her about. I learned that lesson in the university after tasting different dishes and got discouraged to find how my worldview was small.

While my dreams of making the best dish were shattered, I didn't admit on giving up my dreams of becoming a chef since I was fond of cooking and been training to make a
good dish to compensate for my childish dream of mine.

Selina just came by to not only to greet me after comming back, but also told me that her father ask her if I'm willing to work part-time at her place as a chef. It seems that her father's place was kinda popular and are lacking extra hands.

I decided to tell her later about the proposition since I'm currently busy with this 'Mysterious System' and my slight warry of the unknown event I barely understand...