Episode one - New City, New start

Grian sat in the black taxi, watching the world go by. The vehicle stopped. "That'll be 30 bucks." Grian handed the driver his money, plus extra for not asking any questions. He climbed out and onto the rainy streets of Hermiton. It was truly an incredible sight. "Whoa." He breathed, taking in his surroundings.

He shivered in the cold weather. Right. He had to get to his apartment. Grian dragged his suitcase behind him, it made a soft clacking as the wheels rolled over the pavement.

///\\\///\\\////\\\\///\\\///\\\

Grian arrived at the small apartment building after a short walk. In the rain. He was standing in front of the door and was about to put his key in the lock when it opened. Standing in front of him was a tall man in a suit with a finely groomed moustache.

Grian looked up at him, intimidated. "Wrong room. Sorry, sorry." He started to walk away when the man spoke. "Are you Grian?" The man had a British accent.

"Yes. That's me..."

"Come on in!" The man grinned, "I'm Mumbo. That's Iskall over there." He pointed to a person in green who was passed out on the couch with music blasting from his phone and a spilled bag of Swedish fish.

"Iskall?" Mumbo walked over to the person and poked them. "They're out cold. Shall we?" Mumbo pulled out some markers.

"Oh heck yeah." Grian laughed, grabbing one. The two doodled for a few minutes before Iskall's face was covered with drawings. "Could I show you your room?"

Grian nodded. His room was simple, a bed in one corner, and a wardrobe in another. "We took the liberty of getting you some furniture. I hope you don't mind." Mumbo said, looking sheepish. Grian looked at him and grinned.

"I don't mind."

///\\\///\\\////\\\\///\\\///\\\

Typhon

"Team ZIT are we ready?" Typhon said over the intercom in his helmet.

"Yes Sir!" Came the responses from his teammates, Zephos and Ingot.

"Remember, this is just a simple scout mission. Got it?"
"We know Typhon." Zephyr piped up.

"Guys. Look over there!" Ingot pointed around a fight that was occurring in the streets.

"Good Job Impu- I mean Ingot." Zephyr stuttered. "We've got some heroing to do."

///\\\///\\\////\\\\///\\\///\\\
Mumbo

Mumbo walked into the apartment he shared with two others. "Grian? You home?" He looked around for his friend.

"In my room." Grian responded. He sounded incredibly bored.

"What're you working on?" Mumbo walked into the room.

"Just a speculative article about the identities of heroes. Again." Grian was lounging on his chair, papers scattered around him. His laptop was open and it had several paused videos on the screen.

"What happened to your blog?"

"It's not going anywhere." Grian had a blog that he updated regularly. The blog itself was about heroes and Villains. But actually about the science behind their abilities and costumes. That wasn't his profession.

He worked for a magazine company that just exploited its workers. He was suffering from sleep deprivation. "Dude. You need to sleep." I looked at him, my arms crossed.

"I can't. If this story isn't finished by tomorrow morning I'm fired." He rubbed his eyes, yawning.

"Bed. Now."

"Fine. Fine. I'm going." He stood up and walked over to his bed.

"Good. I've got to go work the night-shift."

"But you did that yesterday."

"I know. But the person who was supposed to do it today called in sick so I have to do it."

"You work too hard."

"That makes two of us."

We laughed at that comment.I waited for Grian to pass out before leaving the room. I walked to my room, grabbed my backpack and left the apartment. Waiting outside was my long-time friend,Iskall. "Hallo."

"I'm late. I know. What's the assignment?"

Iskall pulled me into an alleyway and produced a small translucent screen.

"There will be a robbery in a jewelers on Bee St. Your assignment is to prevent the robbery and capture the criminals. Have a nice night - X"

///\\\///\\\////\\\\///\\\///\\\