And then the Seer approaches.

"You," I hiss at Katrina. "I'm going to tear out your throat."

Katrina is calm. "Remember our deal, Ares."

I'm going to have to do things you won't understand.

Many people have to die for Cain to live.

"I'm going to slaughter you," I tell her, my voice guttural.

I lunge for her, but pause when Killian steps in front of her.

"Don't," Killian threatens darkly, and I see his claws extend.

I snarl. "Killian, get out of my way or I'll kill you too. I don't mind spilling more Alpha blood today."

"I know where Cain is," Katrina says quietly. "I can take some of your wolves there while you and Killian go to Selene."

"You've known where he was the whole time?" I bellow, and almost everyone on the battlefield cowers in fear.

Katrina's eyes widen and she shakes her head. "No. All I knew was that he was going to be taken. Whoever took him has magic barriers around the location that was messing with my Sight. I... I had to find something of sentimental value to Cain in order to locate him. While you were gone, I was looking for it."

She holds up a small fur pelt.

I narrow my eyes at it. "I don't even know what the fuck that is, and I've definitely never seen it before. How could it hold sentimental value to him?"

Katrina glances at the pelt before looking back to me. "He made it for your pup," She says quietly.

My blood turns to ice.

"After we found you at Wilson's, we didn't know if the baby would survive," She says, her voice cracking. "He slaughtered a bear on our way back and took a patch of fur so that once the baby was born, he could swaddle him in the small pelt. There's more of them on the top shelf of your closet. Dozens."

Cain.

He never gave up on our pup either.

"Go," I choke out. "Take Axel, Lucas, and whatever warriors can walk. Go get him back."

Katrina nods. I may kill her another day, but not today.

Katrina gathers Lucas, Axel, and about two dozen warriors. Killian opens a portal for them and they go to rescue my mate.

Before Axel steps through the portal, he turns to look at me. "Promise me you'll come back," He says quietly.

"I promise," I say, already knowing it's likely the last thing I say to him.

And the sky gets darker.

"Ares, the eclipse," Killian says urgently. "We have to do this now."

I nod, wiping Thane's blood off my hand and on to my cloak.

Aren't black cloaks and masks in style?

No, they're actually so last season.

I swallow thickly at the memory.

"Let's go kill the Moon Bitch," I tell him, and we step through the dark portal and into the Palace of the Gods.

***

Palace of the Gods indeed.

There are white marble floors, solid gold furniture, and... The Moon Bitch.

She has long hair as dark as the night, and smooth porcelain skin. She's tall, taller than I expected, and looks even taller in her flowy white dress.