Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Is she pretty?" I asked.

"Yeah very pretty. She has long brown hair and big eyes like those of a cat. She has brown skin and she dresses. nice." He said getting a little lost in his head. Bingo.

Sam here had a crush on his new neighbor and classmate. Maybe she would keep him occupied enough to keep him out of trouble.

"So have you talked to Jane?" I asked him.

"Yeah we talk. We walk to school together sometimes. She is a great listener and I like hanging out with ." He explained and I smiled.

"Well am happy you have a new friend and someone you can talk to. I was getting tired of listening to all your shit." I said jokingly and he laughed.

"It's your job to listen to my shit." He replied.

"Yeah it is but am sure you find it easier to talk to someone your own age rather than me." I replied.

"You're not that old. Just ten years. You're like an older sister." He said making me smile.

"Am happy you see me that way Sam. So let's talk about something else? When was the last time you smoked?" I asked.

I heard him blow out air and I knew we were going to be here a while and sat back to listen to him. This is what I was meant to do. Make a difference in society by shaping the generation of tomorrow. Helping them find their path is one of the greatest feelings I can ever experience. It allows me to know that I matter to this kids life and to the society at large.

Sam was one of my many patients and just like any other kid he had dreams and ambitions. He wanted to be a football player for now and maybe become a sports journalist when he was older. Those were valid dreams because as his dad told me he was pretty good at the game. He had just lost his way a little due to poor friends and drugs. Now I just had to help him find his way back to the right path. It wasn't easy but I would try my best because first if all its my job and second I genuinely care about Sam.

"So that concludes our session for today. Anything you want to tell me or ask me." I said as we both got up from our sitted position and started stretching out muscles.

It ain't easy being seated in the same position for an hour and a half.

"Yeah. If my dad asks you out say no." Sam said taking me by surprise making me halt my movements and look at him.

"Why would you think that you're dad wants to ask me out?" I asked.

"He kept asking me all this weird questions about you when we were on our way here. It was very weird so he definitely wants ask you out. Please say no. I already see enough of you here, I don't need anymore of you at home too." He explained and I laughed.

It was just Sam and his dad. His mom had died a few years ago, having succumbed to the battle with cancer she had been fighting for a long time. I think father and son had just been relieved to see the most important woman in their lives finally stop suffering and live in pain.

"Sam calm down. I'd never date you're dad. He's too old for me and even if he wasn't it's against policy to get involved with clients or their family." I informed him and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good I was worried there for a while."

"Don't be." I replied smiling warmly at him.

Before our conversation could go in any further there was a knock on the door. Looks like Sam's dad was here. I welcomed him inside and he came in with a smile in his face.

"Hello again Miss. Irungu, son."He greeted nodding at both of us. "How was the session?" He asked putting his hands on Gabriel's shoulders.

"It was good actually. We made quite the progress today. Didn't we Sam?" I asked the boy and he just nodded.