𝐱𝐱- 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

There was an alluring pull, death beckoning and prodding him to take the leap, close the distance between him and the ground.

And he listened.

Keefe never seemed to be able to face his problems head on. He lived as a coward and would die as one... how pathetic.

"Goodbye", he let the hushed words ring out for no one to here them. With one final breath to steel himself Keefe cautiously stepped with both feet up to the ledge.

With arms spread out wide, he squeezed his eyes shut and stepped off.

The wind whipped his face, hair tickling his cheeks. He couldn't seem to hear anything besides the pounding of his heart and with the speed he was falling at only allowed for shallow intakes of air.

Keefe could feel himself fall faster and faster, the ground surely approaching quicker with each passing second.

It was only until he felt soft, delicate hands wrap around his torso did his eyes fly open to find a horror- stricken Sophie pulling his body flush against her own.

The next thing that registers in his brain is how dangerously close the ground seemed to be by now.

Keefe did not ask himself why she was here or why today of all days was a good day for a Foster visit or why the fuck she would jump off a building after him and sentence herself to death as well. Because all those questions were a luxury in that moment to dwell on and he did not have that luxury as his brain shifted to panic mode scrambling to figure out how to save her.

His scream was muffled as air gets knocked out of him from the sheer velocity.

All Keefe seemed capable of was making mistakes because now Sophie was about to become a Foster pancake along with him.

He peeked at her again, craning his neck to find her eyes tightly shut, probably accepting the reality of the situation too and bracing for impact.

Adrenaline coursed through him, utter fear making his chest clench. No No, this is not what he wanted. Foster had her whole life ahead of her she couldn't—

BOOM.

CRACK.

Keefe collapsed on the familiar rose petaled carpet face first.

After a few seconds he pushed himself up, taking in the pink large canopied bed and the blonde haired girl sprawled next to him

Havenfield.

That's where he was.

His head couldnt stop spinning, attempting to fully process what the hell just happened.

Foster could teleport.

Foster saw him.

Foster saved him.

Keefe turned around, knees shaking, body trembling as he locked eyes with Sophie once again.

The brown-eyed elf rushed towards him barreling straight into his arms for a tight embrace. Her grip was firm, intent on never letting go.

"Keefe Fucking Sencen don't you EVER do that to me again!"

She pulled back only enough to make eye contact, a fire blazing in her unwavering stare.

"I-"

"No Keefe, you don't get to do that. You dont get to be selfish like that and think you can just leave me here!" The rest of what she had been about to say dissipated as she choked back a sob.

Keefe lowered his gaze to stare at the ground, not able to meet her eyes.

"I didn't think it would matter," he mumbled.