Chapter 10

Namjoon stared wide eyed at the barred window as the golden rays licked across the floor and wall. He began to anticipate the searing pain that would come from the first touch of the sun, and he faced it head on. He refused to close his eyes, and he began his goodbyes to each one locked up with him. 

The first rays of light danced across his splayed fingers, and he tensed waiting for the pain that was sure to follow... Nothing. The sunlight felt hot against his skin as if it were the hottest day the summer sun could offer, and he noticed his skin was reddening. But there wasn't any sizzling or bubbling, and all of them stared on in shock.

Namjoon wasn't burning alive. It was something he hadn't thought of before since half breeds didn't exist outside of himself and his sister. There were definitely no other half vampires, so how was he supposed to know that because he was half prophet he could go out into the sun?

He felt the heat spread across his body completely forgetting about the vampire next to him. Soon enough, the smell and sound of Yoongi's burning flesh filled the room, but the man didn't make a sound.

Eyes were then on Yoongi as he bit through his bottom lip. His eyes were squeezed tight, and his muscles were trembling behind the strain of him holding everything back.

"We have to get the fuck out of here and fast," Seokjin muttered. 

Eunjin stared at the door ahead of them with narrowed eyes. Her mind was still reeling from what Jungkook had told them, but she couldn't dwell on that for long. She needed to get everyone out, and she chewed on her lip as her mind shifted to worry for Nari.

She rotated her wrist slightly so her palm was touching her shackle, and she concentrated. She felt the hum of the metal as it dented and twisted, but it wasn't enough to shatter. I'm stronger than this. Fuck you, Park Jimin and Min Yoongi. Fuck both of you, she thought to herself as she willed more strength and energy into her palm. 

"Eunjin." His voice was barely a breath in the air. Her eyes snapped up to see the sad face of Jimin. He looked disappointed in her. "Don't do this."

"You're not real!" she shouted. "You're dead, so stay dead!"

There was silence for a moment. Only the sound of Yoongi's skin sizzling in the sunlight remain before a crumpled scraping of metal clattering to the floor filled the void. She screamed as she removed the rest of the chains holding her down before abruptly turning to destroy Taehyung's chains.

She moved towards Yoongi, but he snapped his eyes open and yelled for her to stop.

"Just wait, Eunjin," he said through his teeth. His voice was strained from the pain he was trying to hide, and Eunjin felt the itch to protect him with her life. 

"Eunjin, stop. Stay with me." Jimin's voice breezed past her ear and she tensed. 

She shook her head and looked to Yoongi again. He had his head turned away from the sunlight, and his eyes were open staring straight into her.

"He's not real. He's dead." Only two people in the room truly understood her words, and they both nodded to her. "Why is he talking to me?"

Her knees shook with the need to collapse, but the small grunts of pain coming from Yoongi and the thoughts of Nari crept back into her mind. She stood tall and grabbed Yoongi's chain that wasn't in the sunlight. She ignored both Jimin and Yoongi as they begged her to stop. The chain crumpled, and she thrust her hand into the sunlight. She bit back her cries as she destroyed his chains and pulled him into the darkness. They tumbled backwards, and Yoongi held onto her and hid his face so he wouldn't show everyone his tears.