pitch black, pale blue

Start from the beginning

Midoriya leaned forward, "You have been able to use that quirk to save people from all kinds of disasters, right?" The boy asked, obviously excited to be in the hero's presence.

"Yes. But it is a power that can kill easily," The moment Thirteen said those words, the overall mood darkened, "Some of you also have quirks like that, right?"

Arashi momentarily glanced down at his hands, slowly tracking his eyes over them. A quirk that could kill, eh? He never thought of it as something that can kill someone, but after what happened to his mother... maybe he should rethink what he has in mind for his quirk.

"In a superhuman society, personal quirks have been certified and stringently regulated, so that doesn't seem to be a problem at first glance. However, please do not forget that there are many quirks that can easily kill with one wrong step. With Aizawa's physical fitness test, you found out about the possibility of your own hidden powers. And with All Might's person-to-person combat training, I think you experienced the danger of using those powers against others. This class is a fresh start. You shall learn how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You do not have powers so you can harm others. I hope you leave here with the understanding that you have powers in order to help others. That is all. Thank you for listening." Thirteen finished, lightly bowing to them.

"All right then, first-" Before Aizawa could even finish his sentence, the lights went out. In the middle of the building, right in front of a fountain, a giant purple vortex appeared, "Gather together and don't move!" Aizawa immediately ordered them, before turning to the other hero, "Thirteen, protect the students!"

Arashi watched as the vortex spread and unfamiliar people stepped out of it, "Is this like the entrance exam where the lesson's already started?" Kirishima asked, staring at the scene.

From the looks of it—and the way Aizawa behaved—it didn't seem to be a lesson.

Midoriya stepped forward and Aizawa's voice rang out, making him stop in his tracks, "Don't move" The man raised a pair of yellow-rimmed googles over his eyes, "Those are... villains." He forced out, staring ahead.

Villains, eh?

Wasn't U.A. supposed to be protected? Where were the alarms? Was nothing working?

Quickly, villain after villain after villain left the giant vortex, easily filling up a rather big space.

And then...

Multiple voices rang out from around him and various questions were asked, but Arashi couldn't understand who was saying what over the piercing ringing in his ears. It rang and rang and he couldn't look away from the crowd of villains—couldn't look away from a particular one that stood out in the crowd.

It only took a few seconds, before that man zeroed in on him, as if instinctively seeking him out.

Steely blue eyes, ones that mirrored his own, stared back at him.

And Arashi's mind went blank—no, that would be a lie. His mind didn't go blank, no, it was filled with an unbearably hot feeling that travelled all the way through his body, itching to burst out at any given moment.

To think that he would see him so soon after what happened—after what happened.

To think that all the anger he had previously felt stood no chance against the hatred that was bubbling from within.

God have mercy on his soul, for he is about to taint it.

Just as he made move to step forward, none other than Aizawa turned around. For the briefest of moments, they looked at one another and Arashi didn't even try to hide the exhilarating expression he wore. For the briefest of moments, Aizawa's expression shifted into that of realisation, but then he turned back around and ran straight towards the villains.