°•°𝓤𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓽𝔂°•°

================================

"I don't know what's-weirder anymore, this?
Or being told I am in love with a demon?"

--Yuna--

===============================

* * *

I chopped down the onion strips and slide them into the boiling pot on the stove, before turning to the sizzling meat chunks on the wide pan next to the pot. Pinning my knife to a wooden copping board, my left hand picked up a pair of chopsticks from the kitchen drawer; started poking the juicy, meat strips; flipped them into the air, and then moved back to chopping the fresh batch of veggies brought-by Belphegor and Beelzebub.

There was to be a small party at the mansion arranged by Diavolo and Lucifer in a few days just to improve the bonds between the exchange students and RAD students . . . Which I found pushy and pathetic, but when getting begged by Luke to help in cooking some of the main dishes with him in the kitchen. How could I refuse? That is how I ended up here: chopping, boiling, sizzling, and grilling. Though it was a hard to focus with Beelzebub dipping his fingers into the soups, or tasting the meat dishes repeatedly every time he and Blephegor came in with more ingredients than they could hold into the kitchen. "No! Beel!"I could hear Luke yell from behind me as I poured mushroom soup into several small, red bowls."No! You can't taste it!!!"

Splash!!!

I twirled around, only to find Luke drenched from head to toe in chicken soup. "Aw come on!" The short angel whined, and with his cheeks puffed red; stomped out of the room.

An exhausted sigh left my lips as I turned to Beelzebub,"Seriously guys?"

"Beel?" The demon glanced at his twin brother, who was halfway through
slumping a small bowl of soup."You should be more careful!"

Belphegor patted his brother's shoulder, glancing apologetically at me as I tiredly wiped away the steamy liquid covering the marble floor with a kitchen towel.All I could to was reply with a weak smile, before standing up and tossing the towel into a nearby laundry basket.

Last night I did not get any rest, after spending most of the time thinking about a certain demon." . . .Satan," his name left my lips without my conscious.

My brain was so spaced out, until I finally took noticed that the pan was slowly overflowing with cooking oil. I panicked and hurriedly turned off the stove, before emptying the pan into the sink. Today was really not my day. Letting out a yelp, I jumped away-as-a little oil splattered on the back of my hand. "Is it a habit for you to injure yourself?" I sighed, and turned around to face Lucifer. "You don't look delighted to see me."

I ignored him, and turned on the sink's faucet to cool off the burn on my hand. " I wonder, who would be happy to see you," I mockingly commented in a low voice.