°•𝓒𝓸𝓵𝓭°•

==========================================================

I was able to feel the cold biting my skin as my body struggled to maintain its warmth, and stumbling down the sidewalk every now and then. The roads were coated in a blanket of snowflakes that had tainted my orange-brown fur for the last two days. I licked my lips, feeling the weather's cold-chill frosting their edges. It was getting colder by the minute and so did the numbness in my slim-black tail and aching paws. My attempts of getting the humans to pitty me and take me in, have continuously resulted in me earning only a chicken leg, or a small cup of warm coco milk. Aside from that, I had spent my days on the streets doing whatever I can to avoid blood thirsty wolves, savage alley cats, and dogs.

           Another breeze blew by, sending a shiver through every bone in my small body. I lifted my head and looked around for the tenth time for any source of shelter, until my eyes landed on a slightly opened garage door in one of the villas stacked next to each other.

         Little did I know, that I have lost all sense of my left leg and was limping towards to my last possible chance of survival for the night. Once inside, a sense of hope rushed through me. It was a bit warmer than the outside, and the raw carpets of bear fur certainly rubbed away the numbness off my cotton-like paws. "Look at you little fella," a young man sitting on a leather arm chair, called out, upon noticing me."You look really tired and unwell. You even have a nasty, frozen gash on your back leg!"

        And boy he was not wrong. It took me a few minutes to feel the burning pain of the cut on my leg. It had just started to ooze out a red liquid, but I knew it would get worse soon. As if knowing this already, the man slowly rose out from his chair, not willing to scare me, before swiftly, yet gently cradling me in his arms, and rushed to his mossy-colored-green-jeep. He was clearly panicking, maybe he had never witnessed a critically wounded animal before during his past days.

              "Don't worry little guy," he would keep on mumbling in that soft voice of his."You will be okay."

               I had no idea where this young human was taking me, but one thing I was aware of was that . . . He was worried. He was actually worried about a messy looking cat, like me. After that, my vision was a complete blur. I could feel the car coming to a halt, and him cradling me out of the car, and into a small building I have never seen before. Was I going to die?

***

           The next day I would wake up from a deep slumber, with a bandage wrapped around my upper leg, and a nice, warm smoking fish laid before me on a small, plastic plate. It was an unfamiliar room (is probably because I never stay in one place). I was lying on a fluffy, blue cushion, which was surrounded with several round gotten balls, that sent curiosity sparking through me. I could not help but poke one of the balls a few times, before pouncing on them. Did that human boy bring me here? The thought of the stranger, set an emotion of jolliness at the thought of seeing him again. Sadly, my thoughts were interrupted by the opening of the room's door. I swiftly hid under the nearest table, slightly wincing at the small pain in my leg, as I struggled to hide. To my surprise, it was the human man age in, only this time, his features were replaced in a sunshine-smile. I studied his face carefully, from his short, blonde hair, to the light, brown freckles dusting the fine skin of his cheeks. "Ah I see your looking better now," he smiled upon noticing me curled up under the small table, before glancing at the uneaten fish on the plastic plate. "Guess your not a fan of fish."
His laugh was tender and sweet. Maybe this human was not so bad? He pulled out something from the pocket of his jacket, and from the smell of it, it was certainly something mouth watering. "Well I don't have much, but I hope it is satisfying," he chuckled, crouching down, and placing the small, brown treats a meter away from me.

***

That was how in at my owner, Lucius Minho . He was my human. I would spend my days gazing at the window, waiting for him to come back from his daily shift at an art gallery. Best part, he would always bring back a full bag of cat treats with him, enough to make me full for a week, after his visit to the orphanage downtown. He always bought guests too, giving me the luxury of getting petted and free scratches behind the ear. Every night I would snuggle up to him, as he mumbled his daily, gentle prayers. If one thing I learned about him through my six years of living with him, it is his passion the the arts, and his devotion to being religious, which he probably took after his mother. It was a simple life . . . But it all came to an end . . . One day . . . The day I tried to save him . . .

***

It was during the afternoon, after a short trip to the park, when it happened. The street lights have turned green, giving me and Minho a passage to the opposite side of the street, where the newest bakery had recently opened. "It's a good thing a new place opened, the other stores were getting quite pricey," he spoke, his brown eyes sparkling with excitement, as if he was a mouse running in for the cheese." Hey they might have something going for you too!"
Something good? He had my ears perking up put of curiosity. Food? Alright count me in. A purr rumbled inside of my belly. Probably my excitement rumbling. My little legs scurried to keep up with my owner, as we crossed . . . Until I was it . . . I coal-black bull-dog. His owner, who looked like a thug from the alleys was struggling to drag him off the street. Before I knew it, I was being lifted, and snuggled into Minho's chest. "Meow~" I purred, licking his freckled cheeks, as he protectively kept me close, his laughter ringing in my ears. "Ugh ha, Yuna! Your so such a cutie!"
Though, our moment was interrupted with the savagery barking of the bull-dog, which broke its collar, and came dashing right at us. Instantly, I jumped out of Minho's arms, and launched myself at the disgusting creatures face, and he was one hell of a muscle head. He kept twirling and jumping, as I dug my nails into his thick skin, and bit off his right ear. It did not last long, until I was tossed to the group by his owner, and kicked in the gut. The stranger and his dog insanely ran away, and I was left there broken and tired. My once fluffy and soft fur, was now coated in dust and blood. I let out several soft meows, hoping it will gain the attention of Minho, whom I had lost track off. I laid there with unfamiliar faces surrounding me, until I noticed a familiar face pushing past the crowd, with a bleeding leg. "Yuna!" Minho cried, stumbling in front of me, with tears threatening to spill out of his eyes."It will be okay girl! Don't worry! Everything will be just fine!"
I wanted to believe his words, like I have done in the past, but my broken bones, and bleeding cuts said,"Otherwise."

Then I saw him, a short, blonde boy, dressed in white robes, and a strange beanie hat, standing next to Minho, who was crying his eyes out. The boy had a sad smile, which seemed to shine bright over all the mummers and whispers of the people in the background. "You did well. . . Yuna," he spoke in such a light tone, caressing my tangled fur. "Why don't you stay with me? You will still be able to watch over Minho forever! Maybe also lead him through the gates of reincarnation as well!"
I liked the sound of his deal. Looking after Minho for several years to come sounded better than moving on, and forgetting all our memories together.

***

I never forgot that day, or my memories. I watched over him after that day. It was not pleasant. I saw him cry and cry, day after day. His eyes were puffy, crimson red for four days straight. He had buried my small body in his backyard, saying that I was a gift from god on the cold, chilly, Christmas night he had found me. From then, I become an angel's familiar, meant to serve my owner to the fullest; granted a body similar to humans by God's will, and the proof of our bond marked by an unbreakable pact. My master, was no other than . . . The angel Luke himself.