↠ You have my heart

Chapter 18

Hi so um i'm sorry i didn't update like i promised i got distracted by some *cough cough* youtubers *cough cough*

But here you guys go i tried making it as long as possible, and on a future note: PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

You'll see why.

Alvin is dylan o'brien btw so yeah i have evan peters on the side cos he's cute i don't watch ahs tho oops.

I sigh once we see the lab my dad used to bring me to every week. I bite my lip trying to stop the memories. I look down on my chest and see the pendant glowing dimly, I knew it. We were close.

"Well that direction gift of yours sure did come in handy" Michael said to me and I let out a small laugh.

"Let's go" I say and anticipate the worst. Calum and Ashton have kept their weapons for now and so did I, we didn't want to raise anything suspicious, yet.

We walk in through the front door and I felt the pain coming back. they were doing something horrible to Luke.

Luke? I try again hoping he would answer me.

a- angel

My eyes widen as I try to keep my composure. Luke was alive, for now.

"how can I help you?" the girl in a lab coat said once we make it to reception.

"um, I'm here for um, mr. Clifford?" I say.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asks.

"Uh, no but it's his daughter and son and, a few cousins" I say, lying about the cousins part of course. Its times like these that I think of it as a gift that I look so much like my father.

"oh yes, the third floor please" she says and hands me a key "I'm so sorry ms. Clifford"

"No worries" I say smiling at her. She nods and we walk to the elevator.

"Well, that went well" Ashton chimes and I smile. But pretty soon the smile drops when I see the wreck that is the third floor.

"What the hell happened here?" Calum asks and Michael holds me to him.

"I don't know," I said "but we're going to find out"

The entire floor was a literal wreck. There were test tubes and samples strewn all over the floor, heck, even portraits and vases.

"fuck" I curse once I see a dead body of a scientist.

"Shit, this is real" Ashton says and takes out his crossbow angling it protectively in front of him. I take a few guns out as well.

"There's my father's lab" I said. I grasp the handle and gasp at what I saw.

"Luke!" I scream and I see him look up weakly. My knees buckle and I felt weak and I couldn't breathe.

Luke was behind a glass, and he was breathing heavily, like he couldn't breathe at all and I felt my lungs constrict. His eyes droopily look at me and he raises his hand weakly against the glass.

"Luke, no" I mumble as I heave out gasps. It was like I could feel what he felt. Is this what our "connection" bought to us? We were able to hear what they hear, see what they see, think what they thought, feel what they felt.

My wings burn against my back as I lean against the glass, Luke was getting weaker by the second and I felt myself become the same. I couldn't breathe nor keep myself up. All I could see or hear was Luke, and me. It was as if there was no one else in the room but us.