↠ Way back to hell

Chapter 16

Well, here goes some suspense. Good luck you guys, I love leaving cliffhangers ;)

When I wake up, I felt amazing. Like a toy that's just been removed from its box. I sat upright and take a look around. My eyesight has improved and I can hear everything from a three mile radius. My eyes close as I groan. What the hell is happening?

I take a look outside the window and saw it was night time. a small smile crept up my face once I saw the trickles of white falling from the sky - snow. It was snowing.

Once I attempt to stand up, I stumble to the floor with a groan. I literally felt like I was reborn. Heck, I can't even walk.

"Babe?" Luke walks in flustered with a small box in his hands. He sighs and shakes his head once he saw me in a heap on the floor as a blush makes its way to my face. He helps me up and lets me sit on the bed. "sorry, you'll get used to it"

"Get used to what?" I ask curiously, my eyebrows frowning.

"Well, Demons do have potentially longer legs" he says with a small smirk. My eyes widen.

"DEMONS?! So you mean- does that make me-"

"mmm hmm.." he agrees and twists his body so he can place the small fancy box on the bedside table.

"Luke," I whisper seriously "what did you do to me?"

"I turned you," he said like it was no big deal "I had to. I didn't have a choice"

"What do you mean?! You couldn't have talked to me about this?" I ask turning angry.

Luke's eyes soften as he nuzzles his head on my neck "you would've said no. you see, mating with a demon is dangerous for a mortal. I could see you becoming weaker the last few weeks, so I had to turn you. Or else you would die. I'm sorry baby"

I soften up and wrap my arms around Luke's head. He hums as I run my hands through his hair. "sorry, I overreacted."

"Its fine, I understand" he mumbles as he smiles sleepily up at me. "Oh, I have something for you"

Luke removes himself from my arms and reaches over the bedside table. He takes the small box and gently lands it in my hands. He smiles at me "open it"

"What's this?" I ask him.

"Consider it an early Christmas gift." He told me and my eyes widen.

"Christmas?! I didn't get you anything" I say sheepishly.

"Well, to be fair you were in a deep sleep for like two da-"

"WHAT?!!" I ask.

"yeah, it was your body adapting to the transformation. It's normal. You were in a lot of pain for the first few ho- you know what just open it" Luke said as my eyes get wider and wider with each statement. I nod and gulp.

I undo the bow first and smile at the effort Luke must have put in making this. Once the bow was off I open the lid and gasp as my eyes soften. I loved it already.

It was a simple necklace, a heart pendant dangling at the end. What surprised me was that it was glowing. A glowing red heart.

"Its- its beautiful" I say with teary eyes and he chuckles.

"Here, let's put it on you" he mumbles and carefully takes the necklace from me. I turn and take my hair in a makeshift ponytail. I felt the cool metal of the pendant touch my neck as I grasp it with my fingers delicately.

"it's my heart." he said as I lean back on his chest as I close my eyes I hum telling him to continue with his explanation as I hold the delicate pendant in my hands "you see? It's glowing. It means I'm near you. you have my heart, and as long as you keep it safe, I'm alive, and I'll always be with you." he kisses my cheek as I cuddle up to him.