↠ the rude boy and his nice friend

Chapter 1:

School was daft as per usual. I mainly spent my classes with earphones in and doodling on my notebook, like most students in the same class as me do. The teachers don't really care. I sigh and bit my lip. When the bell rang, all the students start to file out for second period and I did too, but a little less enthusiastic.

Opening my locker, I take my next period books which were Algebra. Right when I was about to close my locker, someone else did it for me, but harsher.

"Hey, nerd" Chase spat at me and I roll my eyes. He harshly takes hold of my shoulders and slams me on the locker. I can feel the handle digging into my back as I wince.

"don't roll your eyes at me," he snaps and smirks maliciously "I heard someone's getting married"

"Wow, good news does travel real fast" I say sarcastically.

I should really shut up my mum and her big ass gold digging mouth.

"Ooh, little Angel getting married to the richest bachelor. So what did you do? Put a curse in his drink?"

"This might come as a surprise Chase but I don't want the damn wedding, it was arranged, okay? Now go fuck yourself" I try to dodge him and go past him but he just pins me to the locker.

"You're so fucking difficult I think you need to be taught a lesson on respect" he said "Women respect men. Men use women"

He sends a fist down my stomach as I cough out blood at the hard blow, leaning forward.

"Glad to know chivalry still fucking exists" I say weakly as I look at him through my lashes.

I close my eyes when I see his fists ball up once again but then I didn't feel the impact. After a few minutes I open my eyes and see the new kid living next to me holding onto Chase's fist, eyes blazing with anger.

"Leave the lady alone," he growls - literally growls - at Chase.

"fuck you man" Chase spat angrily. The new kid's eyes glare at him long and hard and I can see his chest rumble. Chase's eyes widen with shock and scrambles away from him.

I bit my lip and look back up to the new kid. He was still glaring at Chase's direction. He sighs and shakes his head. He looks at me and helps me up carefully, wordlessly. He took my books and put them in my bag, hauling it over his own. He looks at me and takes my arm, wrapping it around his neck. He guides me as I walk.

"I'm fine" I speak after a while of awkward silence.

"Women and their stubborn nature" he whispers then looks at me "listen, do me a favour and shut up and let me take you to the nurse. Your lip has dried blood, you aren't in the best condition right now. And as much as I'd love to leave you in this empty hallway I'm still a gentleman."

I squint and then roll my eyes at him. how rude.

He continues to guide me carefully to the clinic as I was having an internal struggle. My heart was beating so fast and my cheeks felt hot, as if I was blushing. Why was I feeling this way over a stranger?

I can soon smell the antiseptics and knew that I was the clinic already. He made me sit at the bed and took my bag off his back. he sighs and patiently waits for a nurse, not noticing how awkward I felt with this.

I bit my lip and took a good look - no I am NOT checking him out - at him. he was wearing more suitable clothes for this weather. A denim jacket and a band shirt, Nirvana, with a smiley in the middle. And some black skinny jeans and Nikes. He looks at me and quirks and eyebrow and I blush and look away, busying myself with the various medicines lined up at the clinic.