↠ Weird conversations

Chapter 2:

I look at Calum as he opens my door for me. I blush and he sends me a cheeky laugh, pinching my warm cheeks.

"You're so adorable" I laugh and shake my head.

"I'll see you tomorrow Calum" I say and push him out the door. I hear the telltale thud of his body against the wall and I laugh. I sigh and stretch, I felt so in love to- wait what?

"What's with the look?" I hear my mom say. And of course, someone has to ruin it.

She was sitting at the sofa, her legs crossed in her signature dress and heels. She looks at me with sincere curiosity that I rolled my eyes to.

"What you going to remind me of my wedding again?" I spat and settle my bag on a chair. I make a beeline to the refrigerator and grab a bottle of Red Bull. I need the energy to do my homework.

"That and that I have to go to work" she said standing up. She kisses the top of my head - which I blanch at - and her heels make that sick clicking sound as she makes her way to the door.

"There's money at the top of the fridge, phones should be on and doors should be locked. Bye hun"

"Whatever" I mutter and she sighs and closes the door.

Freedom, at last!

Well first thing's first, I have to order pizza.

I take the wireless phone and dial the nearby pizza store. I make my order and take the money on top of the fridge, stuffing it in my pocket. I make my way to my room and remove Calum's flannel, changing into a singlet and tying my hair in a pony tail. Once the pizza man came, I paid for it and locked the door, as per my mother's orders.

I do my homework and do the basic student shit, and after that I took a bath and went to bed.

As my eyes were about to droop close, I jump when I hear a demonic voice scream.

"What do you expect me to do?! Go shimmy down the streets and get it myself?!"

"I'm sorry alright?! Jeez this is hard for me too! I'm your friend not your butler"

I jump once again when I heard what seems to be a fist on the wall.

"Stop that! Reign in your temper for Christ's sake! I know you're hungry and all but please, we have neighbours"

"I don't give two fucks right now! I'm hungry as fuck and now I have to go get my food for myself! Gee, thanks Calum"

Calum?!

"You're supposed to be helping me!"

"You think this is easy for me?! Killing innocent people to control your hunger?"

Killing... What?

I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I was. A guy with a demonic voice was talking to a friend of yours who wouldn't be intrigued?

"I know, Calum" the demonic voice starts to soften "I know that. But I can't help what I am. I can't kill myself, I can't just- can't"

"You're not supposed to kill yourself. You're better than that and you know it"

"I'm saving the sappy shit for when I'm human, I'll see you later while I go run down the street for some flesh."

Flesh?!

"I'll help you in any way I can."

"Thanks bud"

And the conversation stops. I hear a door slamming from Calum and Luke's complex and a demonic growl before it was gone. I didn't realize I was holding my breathe till I let out a long gush of air.