Candid Camera

-Thanks to @Hazelfraser25  for the request! (obligatory 'comment or message me if you have requests)-

"Shit." They should've gotten there earlier. The Justice Legue was giving a press confirnce, of course every news outlet in the country would be there! they should've been faster. "Go take your time, go to the froyo place or something, I'm gonna call Clara and..." The newscaster swore. "Try to figure something out."

To his surprise, his cameraman did take his break in the frozed yogurt shop, and as an even bigger surprise, he found a story there...

Five teenage sidekicks, all in costume, sitting moodily around an outside table, a huge dog under the table, and each with a bowl of frozen yogurt. This was no Justice League, but they'd certainly be the only outlet reporting on this! They set up a couple cameras, hidden amoungst the decor, and set up hidden mics, as close as they dared to the kids. Then... they went live.

"Screw this." Artemis groaned. "They drag us along for what? I could've been doing ANYTHING else today, and I'm here."

"It's pretty good Frozen Yogurt tho." The redhead continuedto dig into his XXL cup with viger.

"Yes, I'm glad we got to try it!" Ms. Martian beamed, stawberry-chocolate swirl dotted on the tip of her nose. She was floating a few inches off her seat with delight. 

"Do you always have to look at the brightside?" Artemis grumbled. 

Robin stood up, clearing his throat. "This is as good a time as any... I declare a committee meeting!"

"Ugh, do we have to?"

"Can we do this in a more privet setting?" Superboy asked.

Robin looked around. "I don't see a more privet spot." He shoveled another spoonful of chocolate froyo and toppings into is mouth. "Anyways... who wants to talk about our daddy issues? I don't!"

"We dad is a dickhead." Kid Flash stated dryly, not wanting to elaborate.

"Yeah, my dad's a bit of an asshole." Artemis nodded. "Ms. M?"

"I haven't seen my father in..." She tried counting on her fingers, but gave up. 

"If I wasn't morally apposed, I'd kill both my dads." Superboy grit his teeth. "The one I hate wants to talk to me, and the one I want to talk to is the one who hates me." He set down his yogurt before he could crush it in his grip. 

"Is it alright if I sit out this round? I have no recent updates." Aqualad assured quietly. 

"My dad is like a granite wall. I don't even know what his political stance is, so I don't know what he's okay with and what will make his flip and disown me!" Robin ranted. "it's a fifty-fifty, either he doesn't care, or he loses it!"

"...Robin..." Ms. Martian muttered quietly.

"Hey, at least I've seen him! You guys have it worse than me..." He backtracked, not liking the attention. "Plus, we have, what? FOUR Villain dads in our group alone?"

"Valid." KF said quietly. "Next round: being on the team. My dad would definitely kick me out if it weren't for my aunt and uncle."

"Same... if he was ever AT HOME." Artemis added. 

The martian girl shrugged. "He doesn't know I'm on a team, so, it would be complicated."

"If either had the option of taking me off the team, they would've done so." Superboy growled. He lowered a small cup of vanilla softserve under the table, letting his Wolf lick the cup clean. That brought the clone a little joy.

"I think it's fair to say that my father doesn't approve." Aqualad stated flatly.

Robin nodded a little. "Despite letting me be on the team, I think he occasionally wants to force me to quit. Heck, sometimes, I don't think he wants me to be Robin!" He finally realized he was standing up, and sat down, sticking his spoon back in his mouth. "Round three: How much do you wish you weren't born? ...or made?"

"A lot."

"So much."

"I don't know..."

"So much, I'm still blamed for my existence."

"I don't wish I wasn't born... I wish that, perhaps, I'd been born to a different father." 

"Amen to that, Aqualad!" Robin nodded. "Me two... kinda... it's complicated." He sighed deeply. "Now that we've done that. Let's just eat our Frozen Yogurt in depression." 

And they did, all frowning into their frozen treats whilst scarfing them down. Kid Flash consumed his Yogurt at a speed that could not be safe... or legal. The newscaster and cameraman began trying to reel in their mics and cameras without alerting the teens. They forgot one of them HAS SUPERHEARING.

"What are you doing?" The Superboy asked, aggressively standing up. His dog followed, revealing itself to be way larger than they expected; a huge, mutated white wolf.

"Were you filming us?" The Martian gaped angrily.

"DUDE, WHAT THE HELL?" Kid Flash shouted.

"you can't just sneak up and film minors without consent!" The blonde arrow-girl spat.

Robin scowled, taking out is cell, dialing a number, and shoving another spoonful of chocolate into his mouth. "Get lost. Now."

Fuck, the kid was scary for a thirteen year old.