꧁Tʜᴇ Mᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ꧂

When Katherine had arrived the procession had just started to come through the camp. She stopped Raiden in his tracks, not knowing how to face this problem. There was a dwarfish man with a grimy face and rotten teeth who was shouting something she couldn't quite make out. She then spotted Oreius in the crowd near Aslan's tent and he tilted his head slightly, gesturing for her to join him.

The boys had caught up by now and were staring at the processions slow ascent. She motioned for them to follow as she moved off towards where Oreius stood. A group of fauns in shining red leather armour stood in front of him. Peter and Edmund had dismounted by the time they had gotten there. Philip and the unicorn whose name Katherine did not know had wandered off to graze however she still remained seated upon Raiden when they neared the front.

Susan and Lucy stood in front of the group of fauns who parted upon the sight of Edmund and Peter. Katherine followed them closely with Raiden hoping she would not be cut off from them. Once she was next to them she too dismounted from Raiden and stood next to Peter. Now the dwarf had come closer, chanting in front of the procession as it neared.

"Jadis, Jadis! Queen of Narnia" he ran up to a group of centaurs as he announced the witch and zigzagged in front of her carried throne.

"Empress of the Lone Islands" he continued but Katherine tuned his whining voice out. The Witch was now staring directly at their group and Katherine felt a cold shiver run down her spine. Her hands tensed ready to pull her swords from their sheaths as Raiden stomped a hoof on the ground giving the Witch a defiant look.

She merely looked over them with a disdained look painted across her features before moving her gaze towards Peter and Katherine's heart dropped. She hated being overlooked by someone. She was a force to be reckoned with and she deserved at least some recognition of that.

She watched as the Witch's eyes slid from Peter to Edmund and her heart sunk further. Her eyes stayed glued to Edmund as her head bobbed slightly with the movement of her mobile throne. Four cyclops' were carrying her throne, grunting as they went. Each had thick leathers over their tough skin and they looked almost double the size of a regular man.

Aslan was outside his tent now, watching the procession with a facial expression of a mix between neutrality and disgust. Katherine heard Lucy take in a sharp breath at the Minotaur and lent slightly over Peter to catch her eyes. Once she did she gave the girl a small reassuring smile to which the girl returned and nodded before putting on a brave face.

Aslan growled slightly under his breath and Katherine looked to him in surprise. She had never seen this threatening side of him and yet she sternly reminded herself that Aslan was a lion and could be predatory at times as it was in his blood. She looked back to the Witch to look for a reaction and indeed her eyes had widened slightly but otherwise, she carried an excellent poker face to the King of the Beasts.

The throne was lowered and among the ring of cyclops' and minotaurs she stood. Standing out pale white against the darkness her group seemed to carry around them. But her pallidness was far from innocent.

She walked slowly up to Aslan glaring at Edmund as she went past. She held Katherine's gaze decisively for a bit before continuing to look at the Lion. She stood before Aslan, not daring any closer than five feet before announcing.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan."

Gasps ran through the crowd and many turned to each other before resting their gaze on Edmund. Some spoke in hushed whispers as Edmund turned away, looking towards Katherine and Peter for comfort. Katherine glared at anyone who gazed their way to long and the voices ceased after the pause.