꧁Tʜᴇ Aᴍʙᴀssᴀᴅᴏʀ꧂

Night had fallen at Cair Paravel and Katherine wore a red hooded cloak to keep out the chill. After everyone had eventually left and the rest of the castle had fallen asleep, Katherine had decided to sneak into Edmund's room, a few doors down from her own after she was certain he was asleep. The Pevensies and Katherine had each been given their own room in the West Wing.

Katherine had loved her room the moment she stepped inside, making it all the more harder to leave later that night. She had a four-poster bed in the middle of the room as well as a vanity and an ornate mirror to the side. There was a fairly large cupboard against the wall and a chest of drawers with matching wood.

Her room had glass doors that led out onto a balcony the looked out to the beach and Katherine was grateful for the space to observe the stars. Leading out of her room was a small bathroom with necessities. She had flung herself onto the bed and enjoyed the comfortable sheets for a while.

But now she had packed a small travelling bag and was slowly moving down the corridor, trying to avoid the swishing sound her cloak made against the dusty rose coloured tea gown. She walked past Lucy and Susan's rooms that were opposite each other. Then she arrived at the next set of doors opposite each other.

One was Peter's, one was Edmund's. She just could not remember which one was which. Looking back at Susan and Lucy's rooms she sighed, looking between the two she took a guess that Edmund's was on the same side as Lucy's and crept in softly. The room was much larger than hers and the bedroom had a theme of navy and gold carried through it.

Sprawled across the bed underneath a white and gold duvet Peter was having a fitful sleep. He seemed to be reaching for his sword, which was next to his bed propped up with his shield. Katherine moved closer quietly, she could not leave him like this. Slowly, so as not to awaken him, she placed her hand gently on his bicep and rubbed reassuring circles to ease him. He stiffened a little, but did not waken and instead relaxed into her touch.

Katherine did this a while before getting the courage to pull away and head for the door. As she slipped out of the room she did not look back, she could not, not without wanting to stay here with him. Entering Edmund's room she saw on his desk a letter stamped with Narnia's insignia that would make her officially Narnia's Ambassador.

She neared the desk quietly trying not to bump against Edmund as his bed was so close to the desk however when she reached out for the letter Edmund's hand shot out grasping hers. She turned in shock to face the boy only to see his eyes were still half-closed.

"Kat, is that you?" he mumbled out and Katherine began to hush him quickly.

"Ed you're just dreaming, go back to sleep now," she told him softly pushing the boy's hand off gently and putting him back to bed.

"Oh, I thought you might try sneak in tonight" he confessed with his eyes still closed, he turned to the wall as he continued, "But you can't because I think Peter loves you, like obviously we all love you, but Peter really loves you"

Katherine felt her face grow hot as she continued to tuck the boy in bed, then she grabbed the letter off the table and just as she was about to leave Edmund piped up again.

"Do you love him, Kat?"

Katherine paused at the door in shock of him being so blunt about it, she half expected Edmund to be sitting up waiting for her reply, but when she turned back around he was facing the wall breathing lightly. Sighing she turned to walk out the door but stopped herself one more time to whisper her reply lowly to Edmund's sleeping figure.

"I do Ed, I really think I do"

And with those words, she took off into the night down the stone corridors of Cair Paravel's castle and through the citadel until finally, she reached the docks where a new start would await her.