꧁Tʜᴇ Wᴏᴏᴅs꧂

Peter, Katherine and Susan gazed around in wonder at the winter wonderland they found themselves in. Katherine moved out of Peter's hold to stand beside Lucy who looked towards a path she seemed to be familiar with.

"Impossible" Susan gasped as they beheld the white beauty.

As they walked around to take in their surroundings Lucy piped up from beside Katherine.

"Don't worry! I'm sure it's just your imagination" She smirked triumphantly at there stunned faces.

"I don't suppose saying sorry would quite cover it" Peter queried looking genuinely apologetic. Lucy just smirked as she knelt down to the snow.

"No" she replied locking eyes with her brother suddenly a snowball hit his face exploding at contact.

"But that might"

Susan and Katherine laughed as Peter and Lucy bent down to grab more snow. Peter readied a snowball in his hand and threw it at Lucy. She ducked seeing it coming her way and it hit Katherine very hard in the face. Katherine stopped laughing as the cold snow slid off her face before turning to a laughing Peter and grabbing a fistful of snow.

She stalked up to Peter who started to look uneasy before giving him a wink and throwing her snowball at Susan. Susan's laughing now stopped as Katherine's began again and Lucy and Peter joined in.

"Hey what are you laughing at?" Katherine asked Peter before smashing another hand of snow into his face.

"Sweet Revenge" Katherine said grinning.

The four continued to snowball fight until Susan threw a snowball at Peter. It would have hit him perfectly had Katherine not jump attacked him so they had both fallen into the snow laughing madly. The perfectly aimed snowball then hit Edmund's shoulder instead.

"Ow" Edmund whined as the snowball made contact, "Stop it"

All playfulness drained from Peter's face and the laughter died down as if they just remembered Edmund was here too. Peter got up so quickly Katherine landed hard on her back. She winced slightly and got up but Peter either hadn't heard or didn't care.

"You little liar" he sneered as he glared at Edmund.

"You didn't believe her either" Edmund retorted. Peter started forward.

"Apologize to Lucy" he demanded walking towards his younger brother.

  Edmund just glared back at his brother.

"Say you're sorry" Peter threatened walking towards Edmund with more menace.

"All right. I'm sorry" Edmund said quickly yet they could all tell he didn't have his heart in it.

Katherine stepped forward and placed a hand on Peter's shoulder who eased a bit under her hold. He stepped away from his brother and leaned into her touch as she moved her thumb in circular motions to ease his tension.

Katherine tried to meet eyes with Edmund but he refused to look her way and her which pained her greatly. She wanted Edmund to trust her and see her as his friend but it seemed the closer she got to Peter the further he isolated himself from her.

Lucy, ever the forgiving type turned to Edmund, "That's alright. Some little children just don't know when to stop pretending" she quipped looking proud of herself.

"Oh, very funny" Edmund scoffed and Peter would have surged forward again had Katherine not had her firm but comforting hold on him. Holding him back whilst slightly massaging him at the same time.

Susan changed the subject quickly, "Maybe we should go back"

Katherine was inclined to agree it was quite cold in here. She remembered Peter's coat on her shoulder but she knew it would be polite to offer him his coat first if they were to stay.