꧁Tʜᴇ Nᴇxᴛ Aᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ꧂

It had been a week since she had left Narnia in hopes of traveling to different countries to get better bonds with them.

Sacha had helped her choose her first route, to a country only slightly larger than Narnia itself called Telmar, they had a few more hours until they docked so it had been quite a journey to get there.

She had sent a letter on her third day of travels with one of the ships falcons, it didn't speak however, she thought it was a sweet bird and thanked it with a small piece of meat.

She had gotten along well with the crew, learning all their names on the first day and being unafraid to put in hard work, even if it was helping hoist the anchor, checking the rigging or helping prepare and cook meals.

Katherine did not feel it was much to be proud of however, she did know that they normally would never have received this help from any other upper class person they were supposed to be serving. She much rather preferred getting along with them this way and having them like her as a person than just for the job she was providing them.

She had taken a great many copies of maps of neighboring kingdoms and they had paired over the maps on the second day. Since they were taking the ship, Katherine had not wanted to go to a close country such as Archenland.

She wanted to stretch out to farther countries so that Narnia could have good connections and progress. Narnia was already a rich country as one's gold does increase in interest over a hundred years but also the Witch has never seen money as a need or want so it had stayed in Cair Paravel for some time as well as the lands yearly income.

They had decided on Telmar as it was a colony that had partly come from Calormen however, later on had been recolonized by pirates. She wanted to see if there was any hope of an alliance or friendship with the country as Narnia and Telmar both were smaller countries and did not have good ties with Calormen.

Many of her days were spent in the map room planning her next adventures, she had received a letter back from Telmar's King, a man called Malik who was welcoming enough to her request and promised to send escorts to the docks at mid-afternoon which they estimated was when they would arrive.

She had decided to stay in Telmar for a month or two before returning back to Narnia. After that she would stay in Narnia for a while before visiting Archenland and then perhaps she would travel to one of the lesser known countries such as Qíngbào which was further south and at least a week and a half trip from Narnia on ship.

She had been quite happy with King Malik's response and could not wait to visit Telmar which was famous for its navy considering they were descendants of pirates. She had learnt from the letter that she would be staying in the castle Destro and her shipmates would receive fine accommodations and supplies to last them her time there.

She had told the crew who had seemed interested in the offer but had told her that they would prefer to stay on the ship instead and have supplies sent there. When Katherine had asked why they had only stated that Telmar was different to Narnia and they did not want to be discriminated against.

Even Sacha had told her that he would not go further than the village. She had felt so awful afterwards and asked if they would prefer setting a course for home instead once they arrived and go home, then fetch her afterwards which they all declined at once.

"Because" the dwarf had told her, "If you need to return earlier or if it is a trap and we leave you in enemy country we will never forgive ourselves"

She had felt bad for a long time still after that but the crew had convinced her that as seafarers they were perfectly content to live a lavish life of food on the boat until she was ready to return. Katherine eventually agreed but silently promised herself she would never spend more than three months in a country.