The Eternal Guardian

Disclaimer: I(unfortunately)do not own the PJO series.

*Set after HOO*                                                                                     

 Chapter 1

Percy POV:

I was sitting on the beach depressed, the sand around me all messed up, the sea restless as I thought about the recent events that had taken place and messed up my life.

(Flashback)

I was on patrol duty and I was standing near Thalia's tree. I heard a very girly scream and saw a guy about my age running towards camp with a pack of hellhounds chasing him. I quickly ran down and killed all the hellhounds while listening to him say mommy and whimper. As soon as I took down the last hellhound he pushed me down, snatched my sword from me and covered himself in monster dust. He shouted out to the campers that were gathering on top of Half-Blood Hill, 'I killed 6 of these.. whatever they are without any help. This idiot over here just gave me his sword and sat by and laughed at me.'

By now I could see many campers shake their head with disapproval. The only ones who seemed as if they didn't believe him were Chiron, the seven, Annabeth, Grover, Travis and Connor Stoll, Chris and Clarrise( suprisingly). On his way into camp, the symbol of a lightning bolt appeared on top of his head. Chiron reluctantly knelt and said,' Hail...' 'Nathan', he said. 'Hail Nathan son of Zeus Lord of the sky and King of Gods.' Everybody kneeled except for me. 'Kneel you dirty slave', said Nathan. I smirked and said,'I only kneel to people who deserve it and have earned my respect.'His face turned scarlet and I had to resist the urge to laugh and call him Mr.Tomato. He then looked at Annabeth and said,'Hey beautiful. Why don't you meet me later?'. And to my surprise Annabeth blushed and looked away. Starting from then he started to make my life hell.

When he saw the that insults and taunts didn't bother me, he started going after my friends. First it was Katie saying that I destroyed her garden and then..ahem..proceeded to urinate on it. Then it was the Stolls saying that I ruined all their pranks and destroyed their pranking material. One by one all my friends started to leave me. The only ones who didn't believe him were Annabeth, Nico, Thalia, Chris and Clarisse. A few days later, Athena made me go on a quest to prove that I was worthy to be with her daughter. What was the quest? Do the 12 Labours of Hercules. I estimated that it would take me atleast three months to complete all of them. I packed my bags and left a note to Annabeth.'Dear Annabeth, I have to do something for your mother. I hopefully will be back in around three months time. Do not worry about me. I will be okay. I love you.

-Perseus Achilles Jackson

Time Skip( 3 months):

I was standing on Half-Blood Hill. I looked out at the familiar sight of camp and inhaled the smell of fresh strawberries. When I got into camp everybody started giving me dirty looks. I ignored them but I was bothered about what I had done for them to look at me like that.I suprisingly didn't see my half-brother anywhere. I unpacked and looked for Annabeth in her cabin. When I didn't find her I asked Chiron and he said that Annabeth had gone for a break to Olympus. He said that she would be back by evening. I laid down on the beach and thought about how to propose to her. I took the ring that I had made and designed with Hephaestus and looked at it. It was a ring made of Orthrytic Silver, a very rare metal found only on Mount Orthrys. It had sea green and gray bands intertwined around a gray owl with sea green eyes. I happily looked at it and imagined about how my life would be in the future.

I heard the conch horn blow for dinner and jumped up startled. I looked at the new watch aka shield Tyson made for me after the defeat of Gaia. It was already 7:00 pm. I hadn't realised how much time I had spent at the beach. When I got to the Dining Pavilion, I looked at my table expecting to see Nathan sitting there. He was absent again. When I looked at Annabeth's table, she also suprisingly wasn't present. I shook my head in confusion. It wasn't like her to miss a meal. I sat down and ate, suppressing the feeling that something bad was gonna happen and pushing it to the back of my mind.

HAHAHAHAHA I'm evil! The next chapter will probably be out in a couple weeks or so. I will be sure to include a few more cliffhangers because I love you guys.