CHAPTER SIX [SEASON FOUR]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

The party sucked, and my Uber couldn't get here fast enough. I'd been sitting on that bench for what felt like forever, and all I wanted to do was go home and stuff my face with Halloween candy.

I looked up from my phone when I heard the front door creak open.

"Sammie, I'm sorry", Alex said, sitting next to me.

"Oh, are you? I've accepted your half-assed apologies so many times, and then you end up going back and doing the same thing again!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know what you want me to say! I feel horrible! I shouldn't have told Nora any of that shit, but I did and I regret it", Alex said.

"Good, I'm glad you regret it. But still, I'm your girlfriend, not Nora. You have to stop falling at her feet every time she comes over to you! It's annoying, and I really wish that you'd shut her down when she flirts with you like that!" I said.

"She's not flirting! She's just being nice!" Alex said.

"Oh, is she? Every time she sees you she practically drapes herself all over you! That's not flirting? Really, Alex?" I said.

"Well maybe I like the attention, okay? I mean, I've barely seen you since you came back from Florida and you honestly seem like a different person", Alex said.

"What? No I don't! Just because I spent the summer away from you, doesn't make me any different than I was when I left", I said.

"You seem different. I feel like you can't even talk to me. You're really closed off, and you always seem like you're hiding something from me", Alex said.

"Jesus, Alex! I'm not allowed to keep somethings to myself? I'm not always gonna be the same me that I was when we were twelve, and you just gotta accept that. I mean, you've changed a lot but you don't see me complaining about it all the time!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know I've changed, but I'm still the same way around you that I always have been", Alex replied.

"I've been through hell this past year. I can't even pass Ethan in the hallway without having an anxiety attack. When I was in Florida, I couldn't even sleep some nights because all I'd see is the whole thing with Ethan happening over and over and over again. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to see me as the victim, and I didn't want you to pity me", I admitted.

"Jesus, Sammie. You should have told me. I'm here for you, I'll always be here for you", Alex said, taking my hand in his.

"I'm in a therapy group for sexual assault survivors, and I'm finally getting a little better. I just wanted to keep all of this from you. I'm sorry", I said.

"There's nothing to apologize for. I acted like an ass tonight, and I'm sorry", Alex said.

I laid my head on his shoulder and we just sat there for a little bit.

"There you guys are!" Penelope said, walking up to us with Max following her.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked.

Penelope held up a bag that contained a positive pregnancy test.

"Holy shit! Are you having another kid?" I asked.

"No. I was wondering if this is yours. It's not mine, it's not Elena's, and it's not Abulita's", Penelope said.

"No! We haven't had sex yet", Alex said.

"Yeah, we've only did under the shirt over the bra stuff. Wait...you didn't need to know that", I said blushing.

"Wait, really? You're not having sex yet!" Penelope said, grinning.

"No, we're not. Now, say it louder so the rest of the party can hear too", Alex said sarcastically.

Since we were both kinda done with this shitshow of a party, we drove home with them.

Once we got back to the apartment, Alex and I sat on the couch with a bag bag of M&M's between us. Finally, the perfect Halloween.

Schneider and Avery came through the door. They were both in a good mood since they'd done well in the costume contest.

"Is this yours?" Penelope asked, holding up the bag with the pregnancy test in it.

Schneider shook his head no, and Avery burst into tears.

"Yeah, it is. I hid it here because I didn't want you to know, Schneider. I'm sorry" she said.

Schneider grinned, "I'm going to be a dad, again!"

"I'm going to be a tía!" Elena exclaimed.

"I'm going to be a tío!" Alex said.

My eyes were full of tears.

"I'm going to be a sister!" I exclaimed, tears falling down my cheeks.

The night had began awfully, but it had ended in the most perfect way possible. I was going to have a little brother or sister, and I couldn't wait!

Author's Note: Hi! I know this chapter sucked, but I just wanted to wrap up the Halloween episode. I've had major writers block, so I know this chapter is kinda choppy and lame. I plan to update later this week, so stay tuned! Also, check out my new apply fic!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️