CHAPTER FIFTEEN [SEASON THREE]

TRIGGER WARNING

Sam's Outfit

"Beach day!", I shouted, walking into the Alvarez's apartment. Since Alex had been so 'responsible' lately according to his mom, he'd actually been allowed to come with us, which was gonna be super exciting.

"Why are you so excited? You're literally just going fifteen minutes away to Venice", Elena replied from the couch.

"You're just bitter that you weren't invited", Alex said, walking into the living room.

"Whatever", Elena replied, going back to her book.

Once Alex said goodbye to Penelope and promised not to get in trouble, Alex and I left. Schneider would be driving the two of us, and we'd be meeting everyone else there.

"So, who else is coming?", Alex asked once we were in the car.

"Dana, Jade, Leo, and Leo said that he was bringing his friend and his friend's girlfriend", I replied.

"Awesome. I'm so glad to be out of the house for something besides school", he said.

"Yeah, it should be fun. I'm so happy you could actually come with", I said.

"Me too. I thought that my mom would change her mind again when I said bye to her", he replied.

We talked for the rest of the car ride, and after fifteen minutes we were dropped off at the beach right next to the boardwalk.

Jade and Dana were already there, but we were still waiting for Leo and his friends.

And then, Leo walked towards us, followed-unfortunately- by my ex Ethan and Alex's ex Chloe.

"Hey guys! This is my friend Ethan, and this is his girlfriend Chloe", Leo said.

"Oh, we've met!", I said.

"...yeah, unfortunately", Dana said.

"Hey! Let's go and get a good spot on the beach!", Jade said, realizing that her girlfriend was probably about to rip someone's head off.

Once we were down on the sand, we all laid out our beach blankets and shit at a nice spot close to the ocean. And since I'm kind of a music hoe, I began playing the beach playlist I'd made specifically for today.

NASA by Ariana Grande began to blast through my speaker, and while I'd usually dance along or some shit, I was way too anxious about Ethan and Chloe being there to do anything.

Alex sat down next to me on the beach blanket.

"How the fuck does Leo know them?", Alex asked.

"I don't know. I mean, we all go to the same school, but also doesn't really seem like he'd hang out with someone like Ethan", I said.