CHAPTER NINE [SEASON THREE]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

"I can't believe you did that! And the fact that you had the audacity to post it too?", I exclaimed.

"Calm down, Sam. It's not that big of a deal", Alex said.

"It is to me", I said, storming into the apartment ahead of him.

Guys are pervs. Alex is my boyfriend, and I thought we'd just have a fun day at the museum, huts hanging out and talking. I mean, who squeezes a girl's boob in front of a fucking dinosaur display? Men are disgusting, and are ruled by this stupid toxic masculinity that tells them that if they don't objectify women and treat them as their toys than their not "manly" enough.

"Have fun honking stuff?", Penelope asked when we walked in.

I kinda zoned out for a bit, because when I'm mad, I tend to zone out just to calm myself down.

Elena went off on Alex, and everything she was saying was exactly how I felt.

"Oh my god! Why are you taking about that kind of stuff? I took a couple pictures as a joke, and Sam thought it was funny", Alex said.

I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks, and I looked down at my shoes so no one could see.

"Did she? Or did she feel like she had to laugh, cause she didn't know what else to do with your hand on her boob?", Elena yelled.

I pulled out my phone and started looking at his Instagram.

All of the comments were absolutely terrible.

It was such a double standard, he was praised while I was objectified and shamed. Fucking hypocrites.

And since I'm an emotional idiot, once I start crying I can't stop, and the tears were rolling and I was a few seconds away from full on sobbing.

Alex only had a couple hundred followers on his finsta, but it looked as though every single one of them commented on the post, including Penelope's douchebag coworker Scott. And all of them were praising Alex and treating me as an object.

"Sam, honey, are you okay?", Penelope asked.

I guess my crying was more obvious than I had thought.

"It's okay to not be okay, you know that right?", Elena said.

I was completely silent, the tears were still coming and I could tell that they were not going to stop anytime soon.

Penelope and Elena sat down on either side of me.

"What's going on, Sam?", Penelope asked.

"I feel horrible"

Elena gave Alex a death glare.

"All these comments on his Insta are horrible", Syd said, looking up from their phone.

"All of them are treating Alex like a god and treating Sam like an object", they continued.

"Delete it. Right now", Elena said, getting up from the couch and storming over to Alex.

"You can't tell me what I can and can't put on my Finsta", Alex said.

"Listen to your sister. Delete it right now or I'll make you delete your account", Penelope said.

I was still crying super hard.

"What's wrong, mija?", Lydia said, taking the spot next to me that Elena had occupied.

"My boyfriend is an asshole and a hypocrite".

"Mami, let's let her and Alex work it out on their own", Penelope said.

Alex and I got up and went to his room.

"I'm sorry, Sam. Is that what you want?", Alex said.

"You're such a fucking hypocrite. You told me to break up with Ethan because you didn't like the way he looked at me, but then you grab my boob? And you think that's okay? You made me feel so uncomfortable. I'm not even used to this whole boyfriend thing yet, and i thought we could just have a nice day walking around and talking together like we used to, before we were a couple. But I guess now that we're together, you're gonna turn into a horny, objectifying douchebag. I think we need to stop dating, Alex", I said.

"For now or for good?", he asked.

"For good right now, Alex", I said, leaving his room and shutting the door behind me.

I waited until I'd walked upstairs and into my bedroom before I really started crying.

I loved Alex, but this kind of bullshit, especially this kind of stuff that caused me to feel horrible about myself, just wasn't okay.

We'd gotten into this relationship too fast, only a few days after our last relationships had ended, and I knew deep down it was too soon, but I went through with it anyway.

But now I know that my gut feeling was right. I needed some time to focus on me. I needed to spend time with Dana and Jade. I needed time to hang out with Schneider. I needed to feel like me again.

Author's Note:
Sorry for the long time between the last two chapters! I've been so busy with school! I know that this chapter is kind of a downer/ kind of destroys our ship, but don't hate me! I promise that the next couple chapters will wrap up all of this drama and will overall be very different than anything that has occurred in this book so far. I promise that things will work out the way you want between Sam + Alex though! I hope you enjoyed this!

❤️Beth