CHAPTER TWO// [SEASON ONE]

I was sitting on the couch doing homework with Alex when Schneider burst through the door, "I made the travel team!"

Alex and I looked at him, confused.

"Him. He made the travel team", Schneider corrected.

I hugged Alex and exclaimed, "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks", he said, smiling.

Penelope cheered and hugged him too.

"Oh man! All those practices I took you to finally payed off. I did it! I mean, he, he did it!", Schneider said.

"I'm so pumped! Travel team is the first step to the big leagues. Mom, when I get there, I'll buy you a house", Alex said.

"So sweet, honey", Penelope said.

"But it won't be near my mansion. No one wants their mom around when they're dating models", he replied.

I cleared my throat pointedly.

"And yes, Sam, I'll make sure that you meet Timothée Chalamet", Alex said

"I knew there was a reason why you're my best friend", I said.

"Congratulations, Papito. That's great news!" Penelope said, as Alex dragged me towards his room.

We sat down on his bed.

"Is something wrong, Sam?", Alex asked, looking concerned.

"I'm worried, Alex. Once you go on travel team and meet a bunch of new people, will you still have time for me? Will you forget about me?", I asked.

You know when you're trying so freaking hard not to cry but you do anyway? That's what was happening to me. I was trying harder than ever to not cry,but the tears began to slip down my cheeks.

"Sam, look at me", he said.

I continued looking at my lap. I freaking hate having people see me cry. Being vulnerable actually sucks.

"Sammie, I could never ever forget about you. You're my best friend. No matter what changes, I'll always have time for you and nothing could ever change the fact that we're best friends", Alex said.

I reached over and hugged him. Somehow, he knows how to make me feel just ease, and I love the way that feels.

a few days later

I was traveling with Schneider and Alex for the first travel game, and we had just checked into the hotel. Now, Schneider was calling Penelope.

A couple hours later, I was lounging by the pool reading my favorite book, "Perks of Being a Wallflower", when Schneider rushed towards me.

"The boys locked me out of the room!", he said.

I closed my book and looked up at him, thinking he was joking. As soon as I saw his face, I knew that he wasn't.

"Alright,I'll help", I said, pulling my oversized sweatshirt on over my bikini.

"Let's go", he said.

A few minutes later, we walked into the bar where all of the other parents were hanging out.

"Hey, I don't want to alarm you, but the kids may already be dead", Schneider said.

"What the hell are you talking about?", one of the dads asked.

"I got locked out of the room, and they're up there playing on the beds", Schneider replied.

"Don't worry. The boys are fine", one of the other parents said.

"It's the magic of hotel rooms, all they want to do is hangout there".

"Yeah,they get excited by tiny soaps and sewing kits".

"Boys", I said, rolling my eyes.

Unfortunately, we ended up back home by 11 pm that night because Alex and the other guys got in trouble.

"Hi mom", Alex said.

"Hi. Wait, it's 11 pm. You're supposed to be in San Diego. What happened?", Penelope said.

"We had a race with maid carts and Schneider got all scared", I said.

"I knew if I called and told you, you wouldn't believe that they were okay, so I brought them home so you wouldn't worry", Schneider said.

"Aww, I got in your head", Penelope said.

We all laughed, giddy from being tired. It had been a long past two days